can't login to Emby?

Synology DS918+ Emby
Go to solution Solved by pcook,

Synology DS918+ Emby

I reinstalled the Synology nas 918+ and after that I can't login to Emby ? it says: Sign in error invalid username or password, 

Help please

Hi there, are you trying to sign in to your own Emby Server, or someone else's server?

What exactly did you reinstall?

Synology DS918+ Emby

Hi, I try to log in to my own emby server, I change hard drive and reinstall Synology Nas 918+ DSM.

After that I download Emby server from packages center to my Nas. but can't login.

Skärmavbild 2024-02-24 kl. 06.08.13.png

7 minutes ago, Synology DS918+ Emby said:

Hi, I try to log in to my own emby server, I change hard drive and reinstall Synology Nas 918+ DSM.

After that I download Emby server from packages center to my Nas. but can't login.

Skärmavbild 2024-02-24 kl. 06.08.13.png

OK, did you try clicking Forgot Password?

Synology DS918+ Emby

Yes. it says that it sent a txt file to the folder that is hidden on my nas  /var/embyserver...  something like that

Edited by Synology DS918+ Emby

• Solution
pcook

Mate, you will need to use putty or similar tool to access the server via SSH and read that file.

for me it was here, NOT what it says on the screen at all: /volume1/\@appdata/EmbyServer/passwordreset.txt

if you cat that file, you can read the instructions, basically will give you a link to enter the pin to clear the old password. It's a bit a PITA you cannot access that file in synology DSM and have to use a ssh client.. there is a pinned topic how to do it.

good luck :)

Synology DS918+ Emby

Thank you pcook and Luke it works now, i used winscp and accessed the file. change my password.

• Thanks 1