ARM version crashing every few days

bryananderson

bryananderson

Hi Luke, it was happening every day last week.  Switched to a 2.5 Gbe USB adapter, and it crashed again.  Switched to X86 version with the 2.5Gbe USB adapter and it's been fine for about 5 days now. 😕  

The problem is in the dotnet runtime It's easy to solve, it's just that it comes with the caveat that the server would no longer be able to detect lan ip address changes for the server machine. So that's why I've been hesitant to do that.

bryananderson
9 hours ago, Luke said:

The problem is in the dotnet runtime It's easy to solve, it's just that it comes with the caveat that the server would no longer be able to detect lan ip address changes for the server machine. So that's why I've been hesitant to do that.

Sure, I can understand why you would be hesitant then.  Is it related to Apple's 10Gbe NIC somehow?  If not, is there another work around you would suggest? 

I am a Java dev, but could look into applying the change for my own builds if it was easy to apply.

Thanks much!!

I really don't know if it's isolated to certain NIC's or not. If we have to stop listening for events related to network changes on macOS, then so be it. It just means you'd have to restart the server instead of changes being accounted for automatically. I've just been waiting to see if other users report it as well.

bryananderson

Okay thanks for the update, I forgot Emby is now close-source.  Let me know if there's anything I can help with.