ARM version crashing every few days

bryananderson

bryananderson
System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInformationException: System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInformationException (0x80004005): An error was encountered while querying information from the operating system.
 ---> System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (An error was encountered while querying information from the operating system.)
 ---> System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInformationException (0x80004005): An error was encountered while querying information from the operating system.
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.BsdNetworkInterface..ctor(String name, Int32 index)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.BsdNetworkInterface.Context.GetOrCreate(Byte* pName, Int32 index)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.BsdNetworkInterface.ProcessLinkLayerAddress(Void* pContext, Byte* ifaceName, LinkLayerAddressInfo* llAddr)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.BsdNetworkInterface.GetBsdNetworkInterfaces()
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInterfacePal.GetIsNetworkAvailable()
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkChange.OnAddressChanged(IntPtr store, IntPtr changedKeys, IntPtr info)
Source: System.Net.NetworkInformation
TargetSite: System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInterface[] GetBsdNetworkInterfaces()
InnerException: System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. (An error was encountered while querying information from the operating system.)
Source: 
TargetSite: 
InnerException: System.Net.NetworkInformation.NetworkInformationException: An error was encountered while querying information from the operating system.
Source: System.Net.NetworkInformation
TargetSite: Void .ctor(System.String, Int32)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.BsdNetworkInterface..ctor(String name, Int32 index)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.BsdNetworkInterface.Context.GetOrCreate(Byte* pName, Int32 index)
   at System.Net.NetworkInformation.BsdNetworkInterface.ProcessLinkLayerAddress(Void* pContext, Byte* ifaceName, LinkLayerAddressInfo* llAddr)

I have had Emby crash every few days (maybe 1x week) with this exception.  Running it on an M2 mini (Sonoma 14.3, but has occurred since Ventura) with 10Gb ethernet.  Let me know if I can help in any way.

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log file. Thanks.

bryananderson

Attached is the last time this occurred (also using the latest version of Emby server). Not using the server when it happened, just random, so I don't notice until the next time I try to use the server.  I have increased the log retention and switched over to using the x86 version to see it occurs with that architecture.

Thanks luke!

embyserver.txt

I have increased the log retention and switched over to using the x86 version to see it occurs with that architecture.

Hi, has this happened with that?

bryananderson
19 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, has this happened with that?

No, it has been fine running the x86 version.  I will let it run for another week and report back.

• Thanks 1

Is there anything out of the ordinary with your network setup?

bryananderson

Hey Luke,

My M2 mini has the 10Gb (OEM) adapter connected to Qnap QSW-2104-2T  Switch (2x 10Gb + 4x 2.5Gb).   No odd network settings, just auto everything.  Currently running macOS Sonoma, but I've been running Emby on this machine for almost a year, so was previously running on MacOS Ventura.  I've had the same issue with both versions of MacOS and basically from Emby 4.7.x through 4.8, both ARM and x86 versions seem to have this problem.  

I downloaded 4.9 beta last night to see if the issue is present in that version.

I have a few USB ethernet 2.5Gb adapters I could try those to see if its related to the Ethernet drivers for the 10Gb chip (Aquantia), after testing 4.9 I will see if using a different adapter changes anything.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Yea I asked because I haven't seen this on macOS before. The workaround is going to be undesirable unfortunately.

• 2 weeks later...
bryananderson

Just an update, been running 4.9.7 beta (x86 version) for the past 10 days with no crashes.

• Thanks 1

bryananderson

Been 15+ days running the beta with no crashes.  I am going to switch to running the ARM version of the beta and see how it goes.

• Thanks 1

bryananderson

running 6 days on the ARM version of 4.9.7 beta, so far so good.

• Thanks 1

bryananderson

Up and running fine for 12 days on the ARM 4.9.7 beta.  Not sure what secret sauce is in 4.9 but it is working well for me and the 10Gbe adapter in my M2 Mac mini.

DnOberon
5 hours ago, bryananderson said:

Up and running fine for 12 days on the ARM 4.9.7 beta.  Not sure what secret sauce is in 4.9 but it is working well for me and the 10Gbe adapter in my M2 Mac mini.

How did you download this version? I can't find it.

On 3/29/2024 at 8:10 PM, DnOberon said:

@Luke looks like you removed the binaries for the osx betas?

Not specifically OSX. There just isn't an osx build for the current betas, but we'll try to do one soon. Thanks.

bryananderson

Hey Luke, since you guys distribute the source code with your releases, are their any instructions on how to build on MacOS?

On 4/6/2024 at 2:08 PM, bryananderson said:

Hey Luke, since you guys distribute the source code with your releases, are their any instructions on how to build on MacOS?

Hi, there isn't sorry.