Emby Sync Issues

cgcmgr

cgcmgr

Hi everyone,

I'm using Emby version 4.8.1.0 on TrueNas Core 13.  I'm experiencing a Sync issue and I can't figure out why this is happening.  I'm experiencing it with two different libraries and they are two separate issues.

1. Photographs Library - I have a library named Photographs and it points to a folder named Pictures on my TrueNas.  While in Emby, I like to look at my pictures in Folder View.  This past weekend I took some time to make sure all the folders had a nice image so when I look at them, everything is uniform (image size) and the image makes sense for the folder.  As I did that, I spot checked certain pictures within the folders.  I noticed that when clicking on some photos, a different photo opened.  For a specific picture, I checked the metadata and it shows it is pointing to the correct picture on my NAS, but when I click it, a different picture opens.  I accessed the picture via my Windows SMB share and the correct picture opens in Windows Photo Viewer.  I then copied the folder from my NAS to my Windows desktop and deleted the folder from my NAS and rescanned the Photographs library.  As it should be, the folder no longer shows in Emby.  I then renamed all the pictures in that folder as the naming scheme was odd.  My scanner which can scan a bunch of pictures quickly via a feeder gives the pictures a naming scheme like 20140413110404_00006A when I perform a batch scan.  I renamed the pictures to 1, 2, 3 and so on.  I copied the folder back to my NAS and scanned the Photographs library again.  This resolved the issue for the this particular folder.  I have another folder with the same issue so I did the same thing I did with the previous folder.  This did not resolve the issue.  Emby continues to open a different picture, and it is always the same picture, than the one I click on.  All pictures are in .jpg format.  Its almost like the picture is stuck in cache somewhere.  Has anyone ever seen this and if so, how can I resolve the issue?

2. TV Shows Library - This may be a limitation of Emby, but I have another library names TV Shows.  For the most part all my TV shows are correct showing the correct title and season and all except for a select few.  The naming scheme for these correct shows is something like this - Episode Name S01E01 and so on and Emby puts all the episodes correctly in their own seasons and everything is good.  I do have about 4 or 5 shows that I gave a naming scheme of 1. Episode Name, 2. Episode Name.  I did this because for some of these shows, episode 1 is actually two parts and contains episode 1 and episode 2.  That's how it was broadcast on TV.  I however, have both episodes from episode 1 as separate episodes.  It is this way for all the episodes.  So if there were 40 episodes, I actually have 80 files and they are all names 1.XXXX, 2.XXXX, 3. XXXX and so on.  When I scan these folders, Emby tries to put them into seasons even though they don't have the S01E01 at the end of the name, so half are correct and the other half aren't.  I can't seem to correct it.  I'd like them to just show a 1.XXXX, 2.XXXX etc. in Emby.  Is there a way to do this?

I have another Emby server and that one used to list the shows as I named them and it didn't try to put the shows into seasons.  However, since switching to 4.8.1.0, when I refreshed the metadata, Emby tried to create season for those shows as well and now I'm in the same boat on that server.  When this happened in the past, I would just change the metadata remove the Season Number and the Episode Number and put the correct number in front of the title and the sort title and this would correct the issue.  This doesn't work anymore. 

After the scan, I have season 1 episode 1 listed as 1.episode name and all the metadata is correct.  Emby even has the second combined episode listed as season 1 episode 2 and has the correct metadata.  However, when I get to episode 60, the naming scheme is incorrect and there is no metadata.  I don't mind this and in the past, I would just change the number in front of the sort title and the episode would jump to the correct place.  This still works for the episodes 60-110, but not for 1-59.  Changing the sort title for those episodes does not move there place at all.

I hope you are able to follow me and I can provide screen shots if needed.  I was just hoping there would be a way to prevent Emby from trying to create season for these "special folders."

Thanks,

Chris

So if there were 40 episodes, I actually have 80 files and they are all names 1.XXXX, 2.XXXX, 3. XXXX and so on.  When I scan these folders, Emby tries to put them into seasons even though they don't have the S01E01 at the end of the name, so half are correct and the other half aren't.  I can't seem to correct it.  I'd like them to just show a 1.XXXX, 2.XXXX etc. in Emby.  Is there a way to do this?

Hi, can we please look at a specific example of this? Thanks !

Emby continues to open a different picture, and it is always the same picture, than the one I click on.  All pictures are in .jpg format.  Its almost like the picture is stuck in cache somewhere.  Has anyone ever seen this and if so, how can I resolve the issue?

HI, is this using the Emby web app?

cgcmgr
12 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, can we please look at a specific example of this? Thanks !

I can replicate the issue, but have since corrected it by actually going to TheTVDB and adding the season/episode naming scheme to the video files.  This resolved the issue and I'm fine with it.  What was happening was without the season/episode info and just having a 1. or 2. in front of the file name, Emby would scan and see the title create the episode for some of the videos in the folders  The others just said, for example, 62.Video name.  Going forward, I will just add the season/episode to each video file name.  An example is The Twilight Zone form 1985.  Since each aired episode consisted of 2 or more episodes, I thought it wouldn't scan correctly if I added the season & episode. I figured The first episode would be S01E01, but would contain two shows.  If I named the 3rd show S01E02, the metadata would have been messed up, but the metadata from TheTVBD had it broken down by single episode so that fixed my issue.  Without the season/episode and just the 1. 2. naming scheme, the first 59 episodes were formatted correctly by Emby, giving them the correct metadata.  Everything after that was showing just the video like this 60. XXXXX. 61. XXXXX, with no metadata.

Another example was The Woody Woodpecker episodes.  I gave the files the 1. 2. naming scheme and when scanned in Emby, some were given the correct metadata while others were just showing with the 3.XXXX naming scheme and no metadata.  This create an Unknown Season that held the videos without metadata and other seasons that contained the video files that got the correct metadata.  I couldn't get the video files in the unknown season to move to the correct season.  Eventually I went to TheTVDB and saw they had the naming scheme as S1947E01.  The actual year the show came out was the season.  I gave all the video files tis naming convention and this resolved the issue.

Going forward, I will just name everything correctly using the season/episode naming convention.  If you would like me to reproduce the issue I experienced, I can, but it will have to be later this week.

Thanks,

Chris

cgcmgr
12 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, is this using the Emby web app?

Yes, this is with me accessing my Emby server via Google Chrome on my Windows machine.  

I resolved this issue already.  I had to create a new folder on my Windows desktop and copy the pictures from the folder on my NAS that wouldn't sync properly to the new folder on the desktop.  I then deleted the "bad" folder from my NAS and synced Emby.  The pictures no longer appeared as they no longer existed.  Then I copied the new folder back to my NAS and synced Emby, this resolved the issue as all the pictures no open to the correct picture when selected.

It  seemed to be a sync issue with the old folder.  Like something was stuck in cache and it wouldn't clear. I'm going through my pictures today and if I experience it again with a different folder, I'll take screen shots.

Thaks,

Chris

• Thanks 1