Questions for the Emby team? Time for a Q&A session!

sross44

Dreakon13

If development were to ever cease someday and any Premiere license check servers go offline, does the team have a plan?  Would you consider pushing out an update that allowed Emby Premiere features (ie. hardware transcoding) to work fully offline?

• Like 4

rbjtech

Given the time to do so - do members of the emby team use their own product in the real world ?    If yes, how do they use it ? (mainly TV show catch up or movies ?)    Do they have any features which are missing and they would like to see ?   Do any of the core emby team use any 3rd party plugins ?  If yes, which ones and why ?

How is new beta functionality success measured ?   If nobody reports an issue - does that mean it's good, or maybe nobody is using it ?   How do you know ?

• Like 4

scb99

Here are my questions hopefully this time clearly phrased as questions with ? at the end...

1. During the 4.8 beta I and others made various criticisms of the process. Personally, I would support the points made by @richtabove. Will Emby take these issues on board in future? 

2. I also was very surprised how the 4.8 release dropped, 2 years of development without, as far as I could see, much done to prepare the userbase for the wave of changes that were coming. Normally there would be release notes with major changes, what to look out for, etc etc. It seems like the whole thing was simply dropped onto the unsuspecting users. Will the Emby team seek to improve this experience for the userbase in future?

4. Will sound extras  again be playable, as they were in 4.7 but no longer are in 4.8, already noted by someone else and I plus-oned it?

5. Will there be a way to handle TV episodes that are a single episode in TVDB but split into multiple episodes in all available media (many examples, such as all early Taggart stories which are shown as single episodes on TVDB but were in reality both transmitted and released on DVD as 3 part stories)?

Edited by scb99
  • Like 2

sross44

I just wanted to thank everyone that took the time to post questions and those who enjoyed the spirit behind this post. I’m going to lock this thread at the end of the day, but I’ve gone ahead and submitted the questions to @Lukeand @ebrfor answering. 

We will be sharing some blog posts that dive into these answers as they get answered. I for one am excited to see what they come share with us! Thank you again for taking the time to respond. 

• Like 5