Unable to Login

ggrallo
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ggrallo

Thanks for starting this thread. I am unable to log in to emby through Firefox browser, after resetting password and pin. I have been successful on Emby Theater (PC), Roku, Android phone. Just firefox (and Edge) seem to not allow logging in.

ggrallo

I receive an "Sign in Error: Invalid username or password. Please try again" dialog

ggrallo

Hi Paul. Sorry to not clarify http://NAS address:8096 The user profile appears, but entering the password or PIN yields the error dialog

It has worked fine in the past (couple of years). Not sure what changed.

Edited by ggrallo

pwhodges

Well, that eliminated the browser https redirection possibility.

But I don't have any other ideas right now - I'm sure someone will have, though.  Especially if you provide the server log...

Paul

C.S.

Is that emby theater running on the same pc as firefox and edge? Also have you tried firefox and edge on any other pc? That would be my first troubleshooting step - make sure it's not just that pc.

ggrallo

Thank you all for the responses. Emby Theater is running on the same PC. If I use the browser (Firefox) on my phone, the same error screen shows up. It seems to only be on the browser. Weirdly, it only seems to br the main admin account. I can access my kids accounts through the browser.

Edited by ggrallo

ggrallo

FYI I can access the server on the web via Emby Connect. I couldn't sign in to the Roku app directly but could with Emby Connect

• Solution
21 minutes ago, ggrallo said:

FYI I can access the server on the web via Emby Connect. I couldn't sign in to the Roku app directly but could with Emby Connect

Did you see this in the emby server log?

2024-02-24 17:08:54.088 Error DefaultAuthenticationProvider: Invalid username or password. No user named cloudlappy exists

It sounds to me like you are trying to use our Emby Connect login on your private Emby Server.

When you login to your own personal server, there'll you'll use a username and password that you've setup on your own server. Does this help you in determining the correct username and password to use?

ggrallo

Hey there. When I use the local user name and password I receive the error dialog. The only way I was able to sign in on roku was through emby connect. My connect password is different than my local one. That default user name is the profile I've been using for years.

I see my profile at the local address (NAS:8096), but when I select it, it receive the error message after entering the password. I reset the password to see if this helps, but same result. My kids' profiles are hidden, but through manual entry theirs work.

Edited by ggrallo

ggrallo

Ok super embarrassing but somehow there was a space after the profile name. I resaved the info without the space and all is good now. Thank you!

37 minutes ago, ggrallo said:

Ok super embarrassing but somehow there was a space after the profile name. I resaved the info without the space and all is good now. Thank you!

Hi, where was the space? Are you saying it was in the username on the server, or in the login dialog when you tried to login?

ggrallo

The space was on the username on the sever. I must have accidentally added it at some point

• Thanks 1