Search bringing 2 results back after migration

NickHill1982

NickHill1982

Hi There,

I recently migrated from Windows Server 2022 to Unraid. - I may have caused this problem myself buy doing a backup and restore and then changing paths. 

but essentially when I search for media I get 2 results back. 1 as it should look on the new path and 1 on the old path (essentially a dead link)

The new path starts "/mnt/" and the old path starts "d:\plex\" (please excuse the plex, I used to use it before I migrated to emby) is there a way I can delete any link to old non existing content that links to "d:\plex ?

Please see attached pics and logs

I do also have a problem with the cast and crew (attached, but happy to raise that on a different thread)

1.JPG

2 working.JPG

3 broken.JPG

cast and crew error.JPG

embyserver.txt

NickHill1982

Ran emby backup on my old windows system. 

installed emby on unraid, changed the paths to the new ones and restored the backup

emby the seemed to the re index the data

NickHill1982

Further to the above post... if I try and delete one of them manually I get the attached error :(

error.JPG

changed the paths to the new ones

How did you do this?

NickHill1982

Went in to settings. Selected the 3 dots on each library I have.  Selected edit. Added the new path in there. And removed the old one.

OK if you remove the library entirely and let the scan complete, does it go away? If you remove al libraries, do they do away?

We haven't' looked at taking backups across different operating systems, so there's probably an issue there. At this point you've already done the restore, so the question is more about how to climb out of it. Thanks.

NickHill1982

Hi Luke, Thanks for the suggestion - I just tried that but it didn't work, It removed the entry that sowed up okay and left the dead one to the old path. 
if you have any other suggestions I would be very grateful. 

Happy2Play

Not that you should have to but only other suggestion I can think of without nuking the entire database would be to modify the media path so the rogue old entries shouldn't be visible anymore. 

Say from /mnt/films to films2 if possible.

Unless you are willing to poke around the database once you have removed the library to look for the rogue entries.

38 minutes ago, NickHill1982 said:

Hi Luke, Thanks for the suggestion - I just tried that but it didn't work, It removed the entry that sowed up okay and left the dead one to the old path. 
if you have any other suggestions I would be very grateful. 

What exactly did you try? What exactly happened?

NickHill1982

Hi... Just an update. in the end I delete my Emby container, and re installed Emby. I then manually re-created the users and then re added the library's - This has now sorted my problem.

The main reason I tried to backup and restore was because I wanted to keep everyone's watch history etc.. but looks like that was to much hassle in the end.

Thanks for your assistance anyway :)