Downloading actors bio/photos automatically

bacry

bacry

Hello, 

So I moved from DSM 6 to DSM 7.2 .... and made the mistake of clicking on "repair package" to update the emby server ...
It looks like I lost plenty of things (including the emby users .... and all the people metadata)

Hopefully I always used the mode in which metadata files are locally stored. So all my media are organized so that there is a .nfo and lots .jpg (poster, fanart, ..) files at the same  level as the media file itself. 

Now when I add them to my library, the local .nfo file is indeed used .... however none of the actors pictures are shown ... I need to click on each of them, wait for the page to update and then come back to have all their metadata information downloaded.
Though my .nfo does contain all information for each actor (<tmdbid> and <imdbid>)

I have more than 5000 movies ... doing so for each of them is just not an option. 

Isn't there a way so that this would be done automatically ?  (I did check the download images in advance option in the settings) 
(updating the metadata doesn't do the job ....)

Thank you very much 

Emmanuel

HI, can you go to one of your movies and refresh the metadata on the movie. Does that help for the actors for that movie?

• 3 weeks later...