PiP controls do not work

rechigo

rechigo

Emby Android: 3.3.66

Android: 13

Steps: play video -> either hit home button or pip button in bottom right corner -> clicking any button in the PiP menu (ie pause/play) does nothing. It doesn't matter if video is playing or paused, PiP controls have no effect on playback.

rechigo

This appears to be an intermittent issue. I was able to play two videos while on lunch break today, and they were able to be controlled by PiP controls just fine. Try again later today, and they are no longer functioning. I'm wondering if this is an Android bug, as I noticed today when trying to use the PiP controls to resume a video, a youtube video I had paused in the background began playing. Force closing both Emby & YouTube doesn't seem to change anything, PiP controls still don't work in Emby. Is there any way that Emby could be manipulating playstate in other apps?

Is there any way that Emby could be manipulating playstate in other apps?

Hopefully not. We'll try to reproduce. From initial quick testing it seemed to be working ok. Thanks.

rechigo
On 2/22/2024 at 11:23 PM, Luke said:

Hopefully not. We'll try to reproduce. From initial quick testing it seemed to be working ok. Thanks.

I'm not sure what's causing this. If I restart my phone, Emby PiP works fine. The second I play a YouTube video in PiP, Emby's PiP controls stop working. it doesn't matter if I force close both Emby and YouTube, and try using Emby PiP controls again. The only way to fix this is to completely restart my phone. PiP controls in chrome & VLC work just fine. Is there any way to get logs for Android app to see what might be going on with my end? 

Edited by rechigo

rechigo

I attached a log file from the Android app, hopefully this will help narrow things down. Here are the sequence of events I did leading up to PiP not working

Restarted phone -> Open Emby app, start playback & enter PiP -> Test play/pause functionality in PiP window (works) -> exit PiP & soft close Emby app -> Open YouTube and play video in PiP -> Reopen Emby, enter PiP -> Test play/pause functionality (no longer works)

Thu Feb 29.txt

• 2 weeks later...

OK please try try the next update to Emby for android and see how that compares. Thanks.

rechigo
On 3/11/2024 at 11:45 AM, Luke said:

OK please try try the next update to Emby for android and see how that compares. Thanks.

Still at same version . Have you guys started to roll out update yet? 

rechigo
On 3/14/2024 at 10:04 PM, Luke said:

Hi, not yet but soon.

i am on .75 currently. seems to be working fine now, thanks ! 

• Thanks 1