Select server instead of select user

Ninko
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Ninko

Hi,

Recently noticed when loading up the app I am now presented with selecting the server page, where as before you was taken straight to select a user page.

This change is unnecessary for the average user who only has one server!

Could this either be changed back or at least give an option for the default landing page!

Thanks

Apologies you found this disruptive. I believe there were good intentions behind the change. In any case, I have added this issue to our internal bug tracker. I've also attached this thread to that same bug too so once any action happens on the tracker we can post back in this exact thread.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, speechles said:

Apologies you found this disruptive. I believe there were good intentions behind the change. In any case, I have added this issue to our internal bug tracker. I've also attached this thread to that same bug too so once any action happens on the tracker we can post back in this exact thread.

Don't know the variables for this but have yet to launch app on Roku and it not just login last user/server.

Ninko
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Don't know the variables for this but have yet to launch app on Roku and it not just login last user/server.

It did when the pin change came into affect, but as I wanted to be shown the user list and not be logged automatically in, I unchecked, remember me.

It had been fine but just recently I now have to select server before selecting a user.

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, Ninko said:

It did when the pin change came into affect, but as I wanted to be shown the user list and not be logged automatically in, I unchecked, remember me.

It had been fine but just recently I now have to select server before selecting a user.

Gotcha as there is no known last user were should it land in a multi-server environment?

I will/can only guess this is not an issue in a single server environment?

But I guess always remember last server logged into.

Ninko

As I see it, if only one server is known to the app it should just automatically go into that and land on the select user page, like it use to.

Thanks

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, Ninko said:

As I see it, if only one server is known to the app it should just automatically go into that and land on the select user page, like it use to.

Thanks

But the app knows of every server (as they broadcast) you have within your network as I know mine sees multiple test server that it has never logged into.

@Happy2PlayThe app behavior has changed in regards to one server. He is correct that it used to do just as he described. It wasn't changed to make him upset. It was changed to help someone understand how to add another server easily. But the impact that change has is that now everyone has this extra step if they use just one server. I would expect most users on Roku have just one server. That is why I added this as an issue to the tracker. The same place the code change was done is where the issue tracker is. I left that code change with this issue and this thread is linked to them both. It will be clear exactly what is required.

@NinkoApologies. Sometimes these things happen where the impact of the change isn't fully understood. Now it can be. Thanks for bringing it to our attention immediately.

Edited by speechles

• Solution

Hi.  This should be back to the previous behavior with the next release of the app (sometime next week).

Thanks.

• Thanks 2