Add page where admins can view current downloads and past downloads

mannyrothman

mannyrothman

Would be amazing if there was a page in the settings to monitor current and past downloads from users.

Hi, have you checked out the downloads section on the server?

mannyrothman
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Where would it be?

IMG_7115.png

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, mannyrothman said:

Where would it be?

IMG_7115.png

should be down a little further in the next section.

mannyrothman
19 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

should be down a little further in the next section.

This only shows me which downloads I have saved myself. I’m looking for a feature that shows what my users have downloaded and are currently downloading. 

IMG_7118.png

darkassassin07
1 hour ago, Luke said:

This only applies to active/scheduled downloads to an installable client (ie; emby theater or emby for android/ios) and only if that client/user hasn't deleted the media/removed the download task afterwards.

It does not track downloads to web app clients, and items can be removed from that 'history' by the users that downloaded the items.

It would be good to have an actual history/log page that's usable to the admin (not just lines burried in the standard embyserver.log).

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, darkassassin07 said:

This only applies to active/scheduled downloads to an installable client (ie; emby theater or emby for android/ios) and only if that client/user hasn't deleted the media/removed the download task afterwards.

It does not track downloads to web app clients, and items can be removed from that 'history' by the users that downloaded the items.

It would be good to have an actual history/log page that's usable to the admin (not just lines burried in the standard embyserver.log).

Correct. The manual downloads should show up in the activity log.

darkassassin07

They do, but quickly get burried in general server activities.

If you're not explicitly looking for and noting each download as it happens; viewing the history of downloads beyond the last day or two is impossible.

• Agree 1

mannyrothman
1 hour ago, darkassassin07 said:

They do, but quickly get burried in general server activities.

If you're not explicitly looking for and noting each download as it happens; viewing the history of downloads beyond the last day or two is impossible.

Totally agreed. I find the activity log to be kind of a mess — SO much information is crammed in there with no visual differentiation. It’s begging to be reorganized.