Audiobook Chapters are Sorted Incorrectly

Gunther123
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Gunther123

HI

I have some audiobooks I have decided to load to Emby.

The guide suggests I can store them as /mnt/audiobooks/<book name>/<chapter> but I noticed, the chapter filename is ignored and the chapters are listed in alphanumeric order based on the chapter title in the ID3 tag. I can't imagine a scenario where this would be useful.

How can I change this behaviour as a default for all users - to list chapters in the order of filename?

For example, my files are like this:

1-The-First-Chapter.mp3
2-Character-Introduction.mp3
3-Another-Chapter.mp3
4-A-New-Plot-Emerges.mp3
5-Further-Character-Development.mp3

And Emby Audiobook is listing the order of play as such:

A New Plot Emerges
Another Chapter
Character Introduction
Further Character Development
The First Chapter

What's worse, is some of these audiobooks are technical guides and tutorials, so its not really possible to listen without creating specific playlists of everything or recreating all the ID3 tags with a third party tool and a lot of manual editing...

Please help, maybe I overlooked something... I also tried to load these audiobooks as another music library and it also makes a mess of play order, I think its expecting some ID3 tag detail that is not there?

Regards

Gunther123

Ok, a short work around... It seems audio book will respect track number field in ID3tag and I found that MP3Tag has a track numbering wizard which makes short work of manually editing in track numbers.

• Solution

HI, thanks for following up. Yes, audio book sorting is based on the embedded track numbers.