Emby on Android TV but mobile version

m7cky

m7cky

I'm trying to run the mobile version on Google TV with Chromecast but I'm getting the premier limit despite paying for the unlock on the same account.

Is this not possible?

Thanks.

m7cky

I don't want premier though. That's why I paid for the unlock.

It works fine without premier in mobile which is the same app on the same account.

Edited by m7cky

• 1 month later...
Morshu
On 2/21/2024 at 12:18 PM, jaycedk said:

Your answer should be in here.

Emby Premiere Feature Matrix

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but his answer is most certainly not in there, or you have some way of reading this matrix that I just can't make sense of... 

-OP paid for app unlock on his Android TV version, and it's indicated by the matrix that this grants "Full playback", which it does with the "Emby for Android TV" app. 

- It's clear that the other Android app is a separate app from the Android TV one, and obviously, separate conditions may apply. However, the matrix doesn't make sense for the case that OP is describing, where the standard Android app is used on an Android TV unit. Instead, the only option to go on here is the "Mobile apps (iOS and Android)", which indicates that Full playback is included with app unlock. On the other hand, it's a bit confusing, since Full playback works without unlock when the app is used on a phone, as OP points out. Also that app doesn't seem to have an unlock function, even more stuff that doesn't make sense. 

- This matrix does not indicate why the exact same app that works on mobile devices for Full Playback should require Premiere on an Android TV unit for the same functionality. Apologies if I missed something. If I didn't miss something, perhaps the matrix should receive an update?  @ebr

Hi.  At this time, the standard app requires Premiere on a TV device.  We are in internal discussions about how it will work in the future.