Home Video & Photos Library Empty - Reentering path resolves

Demonbarber

Demonbarber

I have an issue on my Ubuntu Emby installation, after updating to Ubuntu Pro my Home Video libraries are empty.  If I Scan Library Files (whole library or just individual libraries) it comes up with nothing and the library remains empty.  If I copy the folder path, delete and then re-create the folder and scan the folder the library populates with all the content. Any new content is visible straight away, it seem when I scan the library Emby thinks there is no new content so it finishes straight away, whereas if I recreate the path it show the normal % complete and then the media is there.

It's a rather large library and therefore I don't want to go through the whole library deleting and recreating the paths.  Is there a way to refresh the library without too much effort?

Hi, that's strange. Please run a library scan and then attach the emby server log. Thanks.

Demonbarber

embyserver.txtHere's the log files, sorry about the delay I have been working away from home.  I have recreated all the libraries as I had another issue that when adding a new library it would not sort them alphabetically and I would have to manually sort them in Home.  Once I recreated them they all behave as they should.  I'm not sure if it's related but the incorrect libraries were in the folder var/lib/emby/root/default and most of them were named  'Home videos & photos1' or 'Home videos & photos11' etc Not 'Scooby Doo' as expected. 

All sorted now but it would be good to understand what went wrong for me and to find out if there is an easier way to fix it.

Thanks 

@Demonbarberare you sure this is the right log file? I don't see any library scanning activity here.

Unrelated: I do see an error with the backup plugin so you might want to double check the backup plugin settings.

So please run a library scan, then after it finishes, please attach the emby server log. Thanks.