rebooted server and lost all playlists

TNMarty

TNMarty

I have Version 4.7.14.0 running on a iMac (21.5-inch, Mid 2011)  High Sierra version 10.13.6. Installed a few days ago. Plan to make a music server for home theater. The dashboard always asks me to update to 4.8.1.0 but I haven't since the documentation says it's for iOS 10.14 and higher.

I did get a message yesterday on the dashboard that I needed to reboot the server, so I did. This was yesterday around 4pm.

Once rebooted, I was back to square one. Had to sign in, repopulate the library and lost all my playlists!

Looked on the forum and saw post about playlists. They mentioned their location in file manager. Well, there they are. All dated a few days ago. I have also made some new ones thinking I needed to start over. Same names. Can't find any files with yesterdays dates on them. 

So I am hoping there is a way to repopulated my playlists from the playlist.xml files that are already there. Also makes no sense the rebuilt ones don't show up as different files and or date created.

So far I like the interface and works ok with my Yamaha receiver. The song art doesn't show correctly on some song on the Yamaha interface but I can live with that.

I don't want to go to the trouble of making playlists again if a future re-boot will wipe out all my work. Seems like there isn't any way to export or import playlists so I'm reluctant to continue.

I included log.txt file but it doesn't show the reboot at 4pm. Only after I rebooted the server.

Thanks for any help.

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 7.12.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-21 at 7.21.41 AM.png

embyserver-63844042498.txt

TNMarty

I refreshed to library a bunch of times. Since the playlists wouldn't  show up on the home  page, I rebuilt them. Since they have the same names, they all show up in the playlist folder as before. If I look at the date on the playlist files, they still shows the original date I made them before they disappeared. So I have no idea what happened. They are currently present and I can edit them. It's like they took a trip and came back. All I can do is hope it never happens again. If it does, waiting a few days may allow them to return from their trip!

OK thanks for the update. We'll try to chase down why that might have happened.