Sonos Playback Can't be Controlled

a286

a286

Hello, I am facing the same situation, I choose a sonos device in the play to menu and I launch a playlist or any other music. The sonos device plays the music. But on the web interface, nothing is displayed in relation to what is currently playing on the sonos device, so it's impossible to go to the next song in the list or to see what songs are next. It's a real shame, especially when you're using random selection, you have no idea what's going to happen. It seems that the song list is sent to sonos and is no longer known via the web interface. Is this intentional or can we expect some other behavior? Thank you for your understanding.

1 hour ago, a286 said:

Hello, I am facing the same situation, I choose a sonos device in the play to menu and I launch a playlist or any other music. The sonos device plays the music. But on the web interface, nothing is displayed in relation to what is currently playing on the sonos device, so it's impossible to go to the next song in the list or to see what songs are next. It's a real shame, especially when you're using random selection, you have no idea what's going to happen. It seems that the song list is sent to sonos and is no longer known via the web interface. Is this intentional or can we expect some other behavior? Thank you for your understanding.

@a286

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

a286

To be more specific, in the web ui, I choose a sonos device, then I go to music, then I click songs, then the random button the music is played by the device but the ui does not display the song presently played and there is no way to display the list of songs that has been sent to sonos. What additional details would you need?

9 hours ago, a286 said:

To be more specific, in the web ui, I choose a sonos device, then I go to music, then I click songs, then the random button the music is played by the device but the ui does not display the song presently played and there is no way to display the list of songs that has been sent to sonos. What additional details would you need?

@a286

Please attach the server log from the time frame the activity occurred. See the section below titled Emby Server Logs. Please supply the full and complete log file, and avoid attempting to extract relevant sections. Everything is relevant to us. When you attach the log, please also discuss what actions you took, and what the results were.

Hi, please let me know if the Sonos plugin update that went out tonight resolves the issue. Thanks.

a286

I installed the sonos plugin 1.0.21. Some significant progress because now I can see the currently playing music track at the bottom of the screen.

I even can skip to the next track but unfortunately, I can't see the playlist so I can't skip to some tracks later.

Thanks for this update

7 hours ago, a286 said:

I installed the sonos plugin 1.0.21. Some significant progress because now I can see the currently playing music track at the bottom of the screen.

I even can skip to the next track but unfortunately, I can't see the playlist so I can't skip to some tracks later.

Thanks for this update

Hi, The Sonos plugin has not implemented play queue control yet. It will get there, but if you don't have Sonos groups and only control singular speakers then you may want to use Dlna Play To instead.

a286

Thank you for your quick reply, I'll settle for the present situation.
I have sonos speakers in different rooms. I can manage the queue from the sonos app on my mobile but since I work on my desktop, it's easier to manage everything from the emby web app.
Anyway, I hope the queue control will come soon.

• Thanks 1