Unraid Docker 4.8.1.0 Update Bug file naming

myblackhatch

myblackhatch

Running into an issue after updating my Unraid Emby docker. Now on 4.8.1.0. I have found that in every series I have. I name my files showxyz part 01, 02, 03, ...11 etc. All of a sudden, files from part 02 - part 09 have all disappeared. part 01 is shows up. I was working on uploading a new series and found that if I space the file name ex.    part 02 .mkv instead of part 02.mkv. Leaving a space between the number and the . then it seems to show up. That's great to know for new uploades but I would have to go back and change a few 1000 names.

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? How are your files named and organized?

myblackhatch
24 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? How are your files named and organized?

So in unraid I have my media share.

/media/media_type/show/season/filename

The file names will usually consist of "show_name Part 01.mkv but not always. Some of my earlier uploads I did different things(but those all seem to be fine.)

In my most recent upload I did all the files that exact same way, but files 02 - 09 would not show up, but everything else would. I went back and changed the file names to have a space between the 02 and the .mkv and uploaded the files to the server. Then emby will show them.

After the original post I went back and started looking at other shows. If I have a space followed by text it seems to work fine but something about the .mkv touching the part # is causing the issue and only from 02 - 09.

Edited by myblackhatch

Happy2Play
38 minutes ago, myblackhatch said:

show_name Part 01.mkv

I would expect issues as this is not a naming scheme that will work as you will get file stacking ie multi part media.

Movie Naming | Emby Documentation File stacking is not limited to movies.

But real examples are always best.

image.png.7cfa711da3696a522d36dd7802b54a6d.png

myblackhatch
36 minutes ago, Luke said:

@myblackhatchcan you please show a specific example along with a screenshot of the files in the season folder? Thanks.

edited11.jpg

edit2.jpg

Happy2Play

You see all of them if you enter episode 1 as additional parts, correct?

myblackhatch
9 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry, Not sure what you mean.

2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Interesting conundrum here. multi-part episodes have actually never been supported, although it has been asked for by other users over the years.

What might be happening now is that it might actually be working by accident due to the a lot of the episode scanning having been consolidated to use the same functions as normal video scanning.

1 minute ago, myblackhatch said:

Sorry, Not sure what you mean.

Can you show a screenshot of what you see in Emby? Thanks.

myblackhatch
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you show a screenshot of what you see in Emby? Thanks.

This is what emby shows for the episode counts.

edit2.jpg

Edited by myblackhatch

6 minutes ago, myblackhatch said:

edit2.jpg

And then what do you see when clicking on episode 1?

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, myblackhatch said:

edit2.jpg

What do you see if you enter episode 1 do you see additional parts like my image?

Edited by Happy2Play

myblackhatch
18 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

What do you see if you enter episode 1 do you see additional parts like my image?

Ahh, Sorry, that was going over my head.  OK, SO when I click episode 1 it opens up episode 1 like it normally would in a queue which would require you to then click play. Whats interested is when you open episode 5 it shows the episodes that are missing as additional parts. Those additional parts just keep their file name. none of the information from trakt.com gets transfered over.

Now if you have a show with 2 seasons. The 02 - 09 are still missing but you wont find them as additional parts anywhere because once you click on episode 1 it starts to play it.

Edited by myblackhatch

myblackhatch

after adding that space to 02 and 04 all of a sudeen im getting 02, 03, 04 and 05.

unraid after change.jpg

emby1.jpg

Edited by myblackhatch

Happy2Play

Not idea but the naming scheme is the issue and will have to potential play with naming to get it to work for your needs.

Split video files (file stacking)

The following are default stacking extensions that can be added to file names. # can be 1 through 9 or A through D. Stacking is supported for video files (but only when each video is in its own folder as in the example below) as well as dvd and blu-ray folder structures. Split videos require all parts be in the same movie folder with no other videos present in that folder.

• part#
  • cd#
  • dvd#
  • pt#
  • disk#
  • disc#

myblackhatch
28 minutes ago, Luke said:

And then what do you see when clicking on episode 1?

So from what I can figure out I either have to remove the 0 from the part part0x or I need to add a space between the 02 and the .mkv

Can you show a screenshot of what you see when you click on episode 1?

Happy2Play

But can say this is a change in behavior from 4.7 to 4.8.

image.thumb.png.aa5a8b21dd349abe3045a8fdf279442a.png

image.png.ec103c81a570900a4adfa7e703211be7.png image.png.0d31a5554292fb17361313f7a2e2acf6.png

Where 4.8 added them as additional parts in my limited testing.

image.thumb.png.2b35399c031536b6a13e17689e08b980.png

But file stacking is limited to 1 thru 9 per the KB.  So this would be why OP is missing 02-09 as they should be additional parts of 01.

Renaming dropping 01-09 to 1-9 did not really make a difference for me as it moved all additional parts to part 2.  Nor did adding space at the end.

image.thumb.png.eca206d9b40352240ef7612401e43f30.png

Pretty much requires new naming scheme I just used x (Tracker (2024) partx01.ext)

image.thumb.png.5c46c8c4757405b1d7ff664e083246ce.png

There's actually two issues at play here:

• user is naming their episodes as part 01, part 02, etc, which is asking for trouble due to possible interpretation as multi-part. I would suggest naming episodes using other conventions such as S01E01 or 1x01.
  • the bigger question though is that episodes might be somewhat supporting multi-part now, so we need to decide if we want this or not.
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

the bigger question though is that episodes might be somewhat supporting multi-part now, so we need to decide if we want this or not.

Yep S01E01 part 01 and 02.  Would think this is a plus to cover the edge cases.

image.thumb.png.0b05c7735774c5d66ae4b01c359a5ddb.png

But using A and B provide multi-versioning S01E01 A.ext, S01E01 B.ext.

image.png.7a57b4a2bb1cce6cb0d933bd6d337850.png

myblackhatch
20 minutes ago, Luke said:

There's actually two issues at play here:

• user is naming their episodes as part 01, part 02, etc, which is asking for trouble due to possible interpretation as multi-part. I would suggest naming episodes using other conventions such as S01E01 or 1x01.
  • the bigger question though is that episodes might be somewhat supporting multi-part now, so we need to decide if we want this or not.

I'll get you over some screen shots as soon as I can.

I forget why I started doing the files that way. There was a reason at the time, to make something work, but its been so long now I cant remember what it was now.

Edited by myblackhatch
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Yep S01E01 part 01 and 02.  Would think this is a plus to cover the edge cases.

image.thumb.png.0b05c7735774c5d66ae4b01c359a5ddb.png

But using A and B provide multi-versioning S01E01 A.ext, S01E01 B.ext.

image.png.7a57b4a2bb1cce6cb0d933bd6d337850.png

A/B was dropped a while ago for multi-part. It has been a source of false positives over the years. Maybe if it were explicitly part A, part B, etc, then I guess could see that, but I don't know if anyone actually does that.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

A/B was dropped a while ago for multi-part. It has been a source of false positives over the years. Maybe if it were explicitly part A, part B, etc, then I guess could see that, but I don't know if anyone actually does that.

Yep as I just miss interpreted "The following are default stacking extensions that can be added to file names. # can be 1 through 9 or A through D." as it still requires the specific prefixes.

• part#
  • cd#
  • dvd#
  • pt#
  • disk#
  • disc#

But variable as spaces are still accepted.

myblackhatch
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'll get you over some screen shots as soon as I can.

I wish I could remember why I started doing my numbering like that. It was originally to fix an issue but its been so long I cant remember what it was.