TRAKT import playstates issue?

kaledi

kaledi

I have several accounts and these synchronise with trakt (single account) for playstates.  I appear to have this working well.

In order to watch a tv series again, I have gone to trakt and deleted the play history, which should sync back to emby server and respective users.  I have the relevant setting - skip unwatched import from trakt - unchecked for each user.  When I import playstates in the scheduled tasks, the newly 'unwatched' series is not imported back.  I have seen it work in the past, but it has stopped working.  Is this a possible issue with 4.8?

kaledi

Here you go - I went into Trakt and removed the play history of all episodes of 'Fawlty Towers'.  I then ran the import playstates and no change has been made on emby server for any of the users.  I've downloaded a debug log file and PM'd it to you.

thanks

HI, for testing purposes, if a single episode is marked as watched in trakt, does that succeed in resetting all of the states for the other episodes?

kaledi

So I just tried a sample of 3 different single episodes (different shows) and it seemd to sync correctly.

Another show, I had previously set the whole season to unwatched and it hadn't correctly synced on the emby server.  I set the first show to watched on trakt and then synced again.  This time, it synced correctly such that the first show showed as watched and then the rest of the season as unwatched.  If I unwatched that first episode again on trakt.  It did not sync correctly.

14 hours ago, kaledi said:

So I just tried a sample of 3 different single episodes (different shows) and it seemd to sync correctly.

Another show, I had previously set the whole season to unwatched and it hadn't correctly synced on the emby server.  I set the first show to watched on trakt and then synced again.  This time, it synced correctly such that the first show showed as watched and then the rest of the season as unwatched.  If I unwatched that first episode again on trakt.  It did not sync correctly.

OK please try this build of the plugin and let me know if it resolves it:

Trakt.zip

Thanks.

58 minutes ago, kaledi said:

Just tried it, and no, it does not appear to resolve this issue I'm afraid.

OK one more try, can you please try this build:

Trakt.zip

Then please attach the emby server log. Thanks.

kaledi

Thanks.  My initial conclusion that this plug in didn't work, may be incorrect.  A second server restart seemed to make a difference.  Yes, this plug in seems to work, at least on a single test.  I'll test further later.  Sent log files directly

Edited by kaledi
  • Thanks 1

kaledi

Ran another scenario.

1. I unwatched a complete season of a show in trakt and then did a sync and it did not sync. 

2. Manually set first show to watched of the season and synched and then whole seas correctly synched

3. set first show of season to unwatched and synched but that show did not show as unwatched in emby

I've sent full logs for this scenario to you.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
kaledi

Any update / ideas on why setting a whole season to unwatched does not correctly sync back to emby server - i.e. the scenario above?

8 hours ago, kaledi said:

Any update / ideas on why setting a whole season to unwatched does not correctly sync back to emby server - i.e. the scenario above?

Have you tried it again with the latest update to the Emby Trakt plugin?

kaledi

I installed the version you posted here, and I believe that an auto update happened after that, so yes.

kaledi

Unfortunately, no.  If I attempt to change the play state of an entire season, or show in trakt i.e. from watched to unwatched.  The change in play state does not show in emby

I thought you had previously said it was resolved?

kaledi

Unfortunately not - as I noted above (and copied below).  It seems that unwatching a complete season or show in trakt does not sync back to Emby server

Ran another scenario.

1. I unwatched a complete season of a show in trakt and then did a sync and it did not sync. 

2. Manually set first show to watched of the season and synched and then whole seas correctly synched

3. set first show of season to unwatched and synched but that show did not show as unwatched in emb

I've sent full logs for this scenario to you.

• Thanks 1