Change webpage name to match server name

mannyrothman

mannyrothman

My server, named "Manny's Emby Server" for some reason display "Manny's Media Server Server" as the page name when browsing Emby via a browser. How can I change this to match my actual server's name?

ScreenShot 2024-02-20 at 14.36.11.png

ScreenShot 2024-02-20 at 14.36.55.png

HI, we remove Emby from it and substitute that with Media Server, because otherwise Chrome might think you're trying to impersonate Emby. Related info is here:

What you could do is try renaming it to Manny's Media Server. Hopefully as time goes on we won't have to do this anymore.

mannyrothman
1 minute ago, Luke said:

HI, we remove Emby from it and substitute that with Media Server, because otherwise Chrome might think you're trying to impersonate Emby. Related info is here:

What you could do is try renaming it to Manny's Media Server. Hopefully as time goes on we won't have to do this anymore.

Ah I see. But then wouldn't it be "Manny's Media Server Server" ?

mannyrothman
3 minutes ago, Luke said:

No, I don't think so.

But then why does Emby convert "Manny's Emby Server" into "Manny's Media Server Server" ? It seems to add the extra "Server"

seanbuff
5 minutes ago, mannyrothman said:

But then why does Emby convert "Manny's Emby Server" into "Manny's Media Server Server" ? It seems to add the extra "Server"

because only the word "Emby" is being replaced with two words "Media Server" -- so by removing Emby from your server name, nothing else will be replaced.

mannyrothman
5 minutes ago, seanbuff said:

because only the word "Emby" is being replaced with two words "Media Server" -- so by removing Emby from your server name, nothing else will be replaced.

Understood. Kinda silly that it's such a primitive find-and-replace function. I'm sure many people have "Emby Server" in their server name and wouldn't want it to say "Server Server" in their browser.