No Remote access to emby server on Truenas

leannJones
Go to solution Solved by leannJones,

leannJones

Hello, i have done my best in searching this forum and the web to try and solve this issue. i cant access emby from outside my home network, inside on LAN all works fine.

Now, i had everything setup and working fine with remote access etc at my last property, i have recently moved with a new ISP. i have confirmed with them its not CGNAT and i have other ports open and a separate Linux server running next-cloud which is all remotely accessed fine.

Has moving house messed up embys settings for remote access? i didn't have to do anything previously, just installed and connected through emby connect and all worked fine.

in the dashboard of emby when i click on remote WAN access it just doesn't load and times out. i have also tried via my phone on mobile data connection with same result.

ports 8096 and 8920 are forwarded on my router and firewalls are not blocking connections.

any ideas? would really like to get this up and running again!

thanks 

Brendan

Hello leannJones,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi there, what exactly happens when you try to remote connect?

leannJones

Hi Luke, on the app on my mobile with wifi off, it says unable to reach emby, were unable to connect to the selected server right now. please insure it is running and try again

leannJones

Am i right in saying that under connect to server in the emby app i type the IP whats displayed under Remote (WAN) access on the dashboard?

• Solution
leannJones

Great Scott! ive managed to get it back up and running! with some investigation i found that wile accessing on LAN and adding some media emby wasn't downloading metadata, nor was identify working, so this led me to look at my truenas server network configurations. i also found i couldnt install any plugins via truenas so i figured there had to be something wrong on my server.

i spent all night trying to google and figure out what was wrong but gave up and went to bed. next day i thought i would install a fresh copy of truenas core onto a spare laptop i had and then compare settings. settings now corrected and a restart of the server and suddenly now all backup and running! emby has remote access and downloads meta data! very happy

so i guess from the move my truenas held onto the old settings and needed to be updated before emby remote access could work properly. 

thought id share so others can see and check if they have similar problems!

• Thanks 1