4K Media Playback Problem

quialaref

quialaref

Hello,

I don't know if this topic has already been discussed.

I have 1080p and 4K (HDR10+, DV, etc,...) files on my server.

I have no issues resuming playback on 1080p files or even choosing the language and subtitles... but for 4K files, it's impossible to resume playback or even choose the audio or subtitles.

With the following screenshots, "The Interview" is in 1080p and we can resume playback and choose the audio and subtitles, but for "Sisu", it is impossible to do what we can do with film in 1080p.

These are just examples, but it's valid for all my movies in 1080p and all my movies in 4K

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks to the community

CleanShot 2024-02-20 at 12.59.47@2x.png

CleanShot 2024-02-20 at 13.00.06@2x.png

hthgihwaymonk

Does the 4K film "Sisu" have more than one audio track in the file?
And does it have either embedded subtitles or external subtitles attached to it ?

If none of that is true, then you would not be shown a choice to pick another audio track or subtitle 

quialaref

Yes, I took this film as an example but almost all the films I have are Multi language and external subtitles

I tried with a movie that has only one audio track and no subtitles, but the result is the same impossible to summarize where I left off 😢

HI, please try refreshing the metadata on that title and see if that helps.

quialaref

Bonjour @Luke ,

I have tried with different films, deleting the media library and reconfiguring it with another metadata language, but nothing works, the issue remains unsolved.😔🤷🏻‍♂️

The weird thing is that I also have some 4K series and with the series, no problem, I get the video codec information and I can choose the audio and the subtitles. 🧐

Thank you for the response.

On 2/21/2024 at 2:07 AM, quialaref said:

Bonjour @Luke ,

I have tried with different films, deleting the media library and reconfiguring it with another metadata language, but nothing works, the issue remains unsolved.😔🤷🏻‍♂️

The weird thing is that I also have some 4K series and with the series, no problem, I get the video codec information and I can choose the audio and the subtitles. 🧐

Thank you for the response.

@quialaref OK, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

quialaref

Hi @Luke

I've found the issue, the problem was coming from the folder where the movies were stored, one of the characters in the folder name, this one " | ", seemed not recognized, I've modified it and it now works.

Sorry for the inconvenience 😬

Thanks. We'll look into the original issue so that it doesn't require renaming.