Update from 4.7.14.0 -> 4.8.1.0 error - Download OCR Data failed?

GotanMusic
Go to solution Solved by Baenwort,

GotanMusic

Hi

Just tried to update and Alerts says "Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

I don't know what this means and I still have the msg telling me to update, so it didn't work. Full msg pasted below.

I went to Truenas Dashboard, stopped the Emby plugin, clicked on update, then restarted the plug in.

Previous version back running and seems fine.

I'm assuming this is (Newbie) user error - Could someone help and tell me what I should have done please?

My Media library consists only of music - no films or TV

Thanks

Chris

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean wrapExceptions)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic, Boolean wrapExceptions)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.AppBase.BaseConfigurationManager.LoadConfiguration(String path, Type configurationType)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.AppBase.BaseConfigurationManager.&lt;&gt;c__DisplayClass42_0.<getconfiguration>b__0(String k)
at System.Collections.Concurrent.ConcurrentDictionary`2.GetOrAdd(TKey key, Func`2 valueFactory)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.AppBase.BaseConfigurationManager.GetConfiguration(String key)
at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Subtitles.Ocr.SubtitleOcrDataManager.LoadSubtitleOptions()
at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Subtitles.Ocr.SubtitleOcrDataManager.GetSelectedModelCodes()
at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Subtitles.Ocr.SubtitleOcrDataManager.UpdateSelectedModels()
at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Subtitles.Ocr.SubtitleOcrDataManager.CheckDownloadOcrData(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Subtitles.Ocr.SubtitleOcrDataManager.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)</getconfiguration>

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log file. Thanks.

Baenwort

Also, which version of the plug-in did you install? The beta or the stable branch?

GotanMusic

Hi Luke

Thanks for the reply & sorry for the delay - I've been away for a few days.

I'm new to this - the error occurred 08:55 on 20th Feb, so I have attached log files from a few minutes either side of this.

I was trying to install the latest update as shown here

image.png.d4effbec948a4bbe992c5f4d01b1a232.png

I went to the Truenas dashboard, stopped the Plugin and then clicked update plugin and then restart when it finished.

I then noticed the error and that the update message still showed.

image.png.2fdd835312536e1b17da0a65d095ac41.png

It is running with no problem, just didn't update seemingly and I'm assuming I've just done something wrong or not in the right order.

Many thanks

Chris

embyserver-63843984000.txt hardware_detection-63843987350.txt hardware_detection-63843986287.txt embyserver-63843987345.txt embyserver-63843986219.txt

• Solution
Baenwort

So Luke and Crew will be along to help with the OCR question but I can tell you that the reason it didn't update is the same as the one here: 

If you are using the TrueNAS Core plug-ins you will have to either wait until the pkg manager updates to the newest Emby release (sign up for email alerts or monitor https://www.freshports.org/multimedia/emby-server/ directly) so that the update button works in the GUI or manually update the package in the plug-in jail using the command in the above thread.

The lag in versions is one of the downsides of the plug-ins build into TrueNAS.

Edited by Baenwort
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1