Bug when using Safari on MacOS

JackDurkin

JackDurkin

When attempting to sign in to Emby it autofills the iCloud strong password in the password field which the stops you from entering a password in the password box. The dialog that usually displays to allow you to ‘choose your own password’ doesn’t display. The only way to sign in is via a incognito tab as autofill is disabled.

Hi, can't you manually enter the value after icloud fills it in?

• 3 weeks later...
logandzwon
On 2/19/2024 at 11:47 PM, Luke said:

Hi, can't you manually enter the value after icloud fills it in?

correct. 

JackDurkin

You can’t manually enter it, I have tried pressing tab and enter the only solution is to disable iCloud Keychain which I don’t really want to have to do.

32 minutes ago, JackDurkin said:

You can’t manually enter it, I have tried pressing tab and enter the only solution is to disable iCloud Keychain which I don’t really want to have to do.

Hi, what exactly happens when you try to edit it?

JackDurkin

It gets stuck on the autofill prompt and doesn’t allow me to get off it.

On 3/7/2024 at 3:18 PM, JackDurkin said:

It gets stuck on the autofill prompt and doesn’t allow me to get off it.

What do you mean by stuck?

• 3 weeks later...
JackDurkin

The Mac autofill prompt doesn’t allow me to tab away from it or click off of it so I can enter it manually. I have no issue with any other forms on websites only seems to be this one.

On 3/30/2024 at 9:05 AM, JackDurkin said:

The Mac autofill prompt doesn’t allow me to tab away from it or click off of it so I can enter it manually. I have no issue with any other forms on websites only seems to be this one.

Can you show a screenshot example? Thanks.

egingras

How is this still happening? Absolutely wild. I'm going back to Plex, this is insane. I can't even log in to your website. I've never seen anything like this before. I literally cannot type in my password on the login page.

Happy2Play
12 minutes ago, egingras said:

How is this still happening? Absolutely wild. I'm going back to Plex, this is insane. I can't even log in to your website. I've never seen anything like this before. I literally cannot type in my password on the login page.

What still happening as a issue has not been confirmed?

• 3 weeks later...

You can not log into the website, as when you enter your email address the password field autofills with a 'strong password' suggestion. It does not allow you to delete this to be able to input your actual password. 

3 hours ago, Welshrich said:

You can not log into the website, as when you enter your email address the password field autofills with a 'strong password' suggestion. It does not allow you to delete this to be able to input your actual password. 

Hi, have you tried a different browser?

visproduction

This appears to be a known Safari issue. Safari has so many locked in problems, that the last 3 companies I contracted with, who sold Internationally online, decided to no longer support the Safari browser at all.  Any Safari errors, I was told to just ignore in bug reports.  These companies had no interest in fixing the issue for Safari users.

See: https://appletoolbox.com/manage-safari-passwords/ 
 https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8255443