Not Generating Library Image (Playlists)

Dreakon13

Dreakon13

I deleted the library image just because my playlists have changed a bit and I wanted it to reflect the playlists currently in there.  Usually when I "Scan Library Files" it'll generate a new image again but it isn't doing it anymore... not the end of the world but looks out of place now next to the other libraries.

I'm on 4.8.1.0, dunno if maybe that functionality changed in the update, or if something else is going on.  My hunch is that the Playlists library is looking at two paths now (I assume old 4.7 playlists folder and new 4.8 playlists folder though it won't let me see what the two paths are) and maybe that's disrupting it somehow?

Attached the server log, I restarted Emby and ran the playlist library scan around 8:45-8:46am

embyserver.txt

image.png.b213938511be606c3735ef9093b67d05.png

Hi, what content type does the playlists library show in emby library setup?

Dreakon13

Hi @Luke

Where would I see that?  In the library settings area it looks like it's just the type "Playlists"

image.png.083220f6d50eca92b68908d6d3f691a8.png

OK, try running a scan of all libraries and see if that helps generate an image.

Dreakon13

@LukeJust FYI, I tried running the scan on all libraries and it did not generate an image.  If necessary I can pull another log in the morning.

Happy2Play
5 hours ago, Luke said:

OK, try running a scan of all libraries and see if that helps generate an image.

Mine shows it also but by are there 2 folders for Playlists?

Figured that out main and user.

"Name": "Playlists",
      "Locations": [
        "C:\\Users\\Media\\AppData\\Roaming\\Emby-Server\\programdata\\data\\playlists",
        "C:\\Users\\Media\\AppData\\Roaming\\Emby-Server\\programdata\\data\\userplaylists"
      ]

Still trying to get a image since deleting previous one.

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

Can see in 4.7 the image is set but never happens in 4.8+

2024-02-20 18:08:17.765 Debug App: CollectionFolderImageProvider reports change to 48 - C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default\Playlists
2024-02-20 18:08:17.766 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for C:\Users\Media\Desktop\Stable\programdata\root\default\Playlists
2024-02-20 18:08:17.767 Debug App: Setting image url into item 48

4.8/4.9
2024-02-20 18:04:41.334 Debug App: CollectionFolderImageProvider reports change to 94 - C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\root\default\Playlists
2024-02-20 18:04:41.334 Debug App: Running CollectionFolderImageProvider for C:\Users\Media\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\programdata\root\default\Playlists

• Thanks 3

Happy2Play

Resolved in 4.9.0.8 in my tests.

• Thanks 1

This will also be in the 4.8.2 maintenance release. Thanks.

Happy2Play

FYI Now we know why it was intentionally broke.  Looks like will change again.