Back button broken

BillybobBilly

BillybobBilly

I'm not sure what is causing this but since updating to 4.8.10 I've noticed it. The back button on chrome web browser does not function correctly. It repeatedly lands on a specific page instead of the last page viewed. The specific page isn't unique, but it seems like emby is retaining the history of one page and using it instead of properly going backwards one step.

Log is attached.

embyserver (2).txt

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? Thanks.

BillybobBilly

I click a random show. Then click a random episode. Then hit back.

Then if I go to another page (another show/episode/song/album etc.) and hit back it returns me to the page of the initial page that appeared when I hit back (in this case the random episode of that random show). Very easily reproducible on my end.

Happy2Play

Have not been able to reproduce as back but always takes me back one level to where I was before.

• Facepalm 1

17 hours ago, BillybobBilly said:

I click a random show. Then click a random episode. Then hit back.

Then if I go to another page (another show/episode/song/album etc.) and hit back it returns me to the page of the initial page that appeared when I hit back (in this case the random episode of that random show). Very easily reproducible on my end.

So like this?

show -> episode -> any other new page -> click back

Shouldn't you go back to that random episode? Where would you like it to go instead?

BillybobBilly
4 hours ago, Luke said:

So like this?

show -> episode -> any other new page -> click back

Shouldn't you go back to that random episode? Where would you like it to go instead?

You're not following what I'm saying...

What I'm seeing is:

Show -> episode -> new page 1 -> new page 2 -> new page 3 -> new page 4 -> click back and returned all the way back to the episode from the beginning.
it should be going 
Show -> episode -> new page 1 -> new page 2 -> new page 3 -> new page 4 -> click back -> page 3 -> page 2 -> page 1 -> episode
NOT
Show -> episode -> new page 1 -> new page 2 -> new page 3 -> new page 4 -> click back -> episode

It is not retaining a history of viewed pages, going back in order. It is jumping way back to the beginning on clicking back. This is not how the feature has worked in Emby since I started using it years ago. It is also not consistent with the behavior in the theater app nor the phone app.

Edit: it should be noted that the EXACT pattern is not always show -> episode. I haven't figured out what is causing this issue but the basic premise is there is something wrong with how the web app is acting on my Chrome. Instead of going back 1 step, it goes back to a specific point every time. It doesn't matter if you've gone 1 page in, or 100 pages in, it returns to the same point with 1 click of the back button instead of going back in any kind of sensible capacity.

Edited by BillybobBilly

BillybobBilly

To follow up on this.

It seems that whatever page I first click "back" on becomes the anchor. 

Tested it a bit and some crazy stuff started happening. As you can see in this image, I went to browse the animated section of my server then hit back (the anchored page was album artists in music). The two pages are now overlayed. Scrolling only shows movement on the album artists page (anchor and destination page when hitting the back button).

Server log is attached.

wtf.thumb.png.f89a930556e60308c9ad1f81f320aa67.png

embyserver (3).txt

OK, can you capture the contents of the browser debug console when this happens? Thanks.

BillybobBilly
1 hour ago, Luke said:

OK, can you capture the contents of the browser debug console when this happens? Thanks.

This?

emby.log

OK thanks. Regarding your screenshot, I can't reproduce that on demand, but I have seen it once or twice. We'll try to chase it down. Thanks.