Playback failling in some files on Android TV

FranciscoCa

FranciscoCa

Hi,

Is my first post on this forum so apologize if im doing it wrong or missing something, please guide me if further info or change by my side is needed.

Recently, im having issues playing files which they were not having problems before. Im using Android TV, same file is working fine in web browser and phone android app as well.

I was using stable docker emby server on linux but now, im using beta 4.9.0.2 just to try if it solves the problem, the problem still remains. I tested that I can play the same video without problems in the tv using vlc.

I’ve been taking a look in the logs and i found the following: 

audiochannels=8&TranscodeReasons=DirectPlayError,VideoCodecNotSupported,DirectPlayError&AllowVideoStreamCopy=false. Connection=keep-alive, Host=host3, User-Agent=Emby/2.0.98g (Linux;Android 9) ExoPlayerLib/2.18.7, Accept-Encoding=gzip

That message is just after open a video and fails without open it, giving too many errors in the app.

Besides, there are other videos having problems synchronizing audio/video, i have not searched the output for them  but i’ve attached the log file if it helps to clarify what the issue is.

Appreciate your help. 

Regards

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-94d17f6d-c709-4a13-bf64-c9d8aff05a86_1.txt

• 3 weeks later...
FranciscoCa

Excuse me by delay, i installed the android version in the tv and it was working even worse than the tv version. After doing some more test on the tv version from one day to another, it come back working fine without problems, i don't know what might be the reason as i didn't change anything on the tv excepting the apps for testing. 

For the moment, it works well and it was the first time i was facing something like that after more than two years using it.

On 3/6/2024 at 10:12 AM, FranciscoCa said:

Excuse me by delay, i installed the android version in the tv and it was working even worse than the tv version. After doing some more test on the tv version from one day to another, it come back working fine without problems, i don't know what might be the reason as i didn't change anything on the tv excepting the apps for testing. 

For the moment, it works well and it was the first time i was facing something like that after more than two years using it.

Hi, what version number did you install?

On 3/9/2024 at 8:05 PM, Mnejing said:

Exoplayer is broken. Badly.

What makes you think this?

FranciscoCa
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, what version number did you install?

emby-android-google-armeabi-v7a-release

And what happens with the latest version?

FranciscoCa

As far as i know that was the version i got from the link and no others were available. It is curious that no more issues since i were reinstalling the apps, for the moment it works fine. 

• Thanks 1