Reinstall and only keep users and what's been watched

roycrt56
Go to solution Solved by roycrt56,

roycrt56

Hello.

I turned off saving to media folder and deleted all the nfo and bif files.  I didn't realize a rescan wouldn't retrieve them again until it was too late.

Is there a way to do a reinstall and only keep the users and what's been watched info.

Also, are nfo files always saved in Media folder.  I want to give my media folders/files 644 permission.

Thanks

roycrt56

Sorry for the multiple post, but I don't see how to edit a post

My OS is Debian Bookworm

emby is installed in a docker container

I created an emby-2 container that is scanning all the libraries.  Can I move the scanned libraries over the the original emby container and keep my users and what's been watched.

Thanks

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, roycrt56 said:

I turned off saving to media folder and deleted all the nfo and bif files.  I didn't realize a rescan wouldn't retrieve them again until it was too late.

Depends on your library settings.

2 hours ago, roycrt56 said:

Is there a way to do a reinstall and only keep the users and what's been watched info.

The new plugin does not really do this but will be added in the future.

You need to copy users.db from original/old or if you have the Backup and Restore plugin you will have a copy of the db in your backups.

You also need the Legacy backup and restore plugin as it captures userdata.

Legacy plugin can be found in the first post here

Do to your platform you will need to verify file permissions when you copy the users.db.

• Solution
roycrt56

Thanks Happy2Play,

What worked for me was to scan the library files on new docker container  Copy the old emby backup to new container, then delete all but the users.  All worked out fine.

• Thanks 1