Live TV icons not displaying correctly since Emby server upgrade

davidmahon2@gmail.com

davidmahon2@gmail.com

Hi - since upgrading to the latest Emby Server version, the LiveTV channel logos icons from TVHeadEnd no longer fit the space available for the logos in the Apple TV Emby app. Instead they appear zoomed in.

EB4C3E4C-A592-4581-B910-7B2E8ADB4D7C_4_5005_c.jpeg.328388536b5064df42a679743c7da8d8.jpeg

Channel Icons are displayed correctly on iOS app and Web Browser.

F237C319-2173-47B3-B4BD-6097743CBB2B_4_5005_c.jpeg.40e237e8c130b2f10403a466a5938397.jpeg

System Setup: Emby Server version 4.8.1.0 (running as docker on Synology DS918+), TVHeadEnd plugin V1.5.3.0, Apple TV App version 1.8.3

• Like 1

SamES

The next update should resolve all the image sizing issues

• Like 1

davidmahon2@gmail.com

Any reason the Apple TV App changed from showing the LiveTV logos in four columns instead of 5 ?
I preferred 5 columns - could it be configurable?

6 hours ago, davidmahon2@gmail.com said:

Any reason the Apple TV App changed from showing the LiveTV logos in four columns instead of 5 ?
I preferred 5 columns - could it be configurable?

Hi, can you show a screenshot example? Thanks:

SamES
19 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, can you show a screenshot example? Thanks:

Luke, screenshot of 4 across is in the first post.  

4 across matches the web app.  @davidmahon2@gmail.com, can you post a screenshot from the web app?

vdatanet
1 minute ago, SamES said:

4 across matches the web app.

No, using the default size you get 5 across. If you get 4, you use a size larger than default..

SamES

I have this set to default in the web app

image.thumb.png.656f1a672794f4487d485378ab472ac9.png

I only get 4 across

image.thumb.png.e23ca1fea6117c43f92d9f7e4a7840cd.png

SamES

Have you got 'Default' set on the web app main Display settings, or on the Channels tab 'settings'?  You can set it in two places.

vdatanet
3 minutes ago, SamES said:

Have you got 'Default' set on the web app main Display settings, or on the Channels tab 'settings'?  You can set it in two places.

On the channels tab settings.

SamES

I only get 5 across if I set the view to disc and size to default, but this doesn't match the aspect of some logos

image.thumb.png.40d74305d608e407f49724659f3674f5.png

davidmahon2@gmail.com
22 hours ago, SamES said:

Luke, screenshot of 4 across is in the first post.  

4 across matches the web app.  @davidmahon2@gmail.com, can you post a screenshot from the web app?

Web browser view below - 5 columns; no image scaling issues

View: Primary

Image Size: Defaul

Screenshot2024-02-19at18_19_29.thumb.jpg.dd0aa75a67c32db5ccdf6fd8aac5235a.jpg

davidmahon2@gmail.com

I changed Settings > Display > Image Size from Default to Small.
Apple TV remained in a 4-column grid
Browser switched from 5-columns to 6-Columns (below)

Screenshot2024-02-19at19_11_24.thumb.jpg.d547f82090950a11c0a3131b39e01356.jpg

SamES

So if I set the App Display settings to Image size Small, and the TV Channels tab settings to Primary, default - then I get 5 across in the web app

If I set the App Display settings to Image size Default, and the TV Channels tab settings to Primary, default - then I get 4 across in the web app

Can you reproduce this?  The main app setting changes what 'Default' means on the Channels tab

In the ATV app, we don't currently support the sizing options, so it is set to Default/Default sizing, which is why you are seeing 4 across.

• Like 1

davidmahon2@gmail.com
1 hour ago, SamES said:

So if I set the App Display settings to Image size Small, and the TV Channels tab settings to Primary, default - then I get 5 across in the web app

If I set the App Display settings to Image size Default, and the TV Channels tab settings to Primary, default - then I get 4 across in the web app

Can you reproduce this?  The main app setting changes what 'Default' means on the Channels tab

In the ATV app, we don't currently support the sizing options, so it is set to Default/Default sizing, which is why you are seeing 4 across.

I can't reproduce this on MacBook Air with 1440x900 display

If I set the App Display settings to Image size Small, and the TV Channels tab settings to Primary, default - then I get 6 across in the MacOS Emby App or Web Browser

If I set the App Display settings to Image size Default, and the TV Channels tab settings to Primary, default - then I get 5 across in the MacOS Emby App or Web Browser

6 hours ago, davidmahon2@gmail.com said:

I can't reproduce this on MacBook Air with 1440x900 display

If I set the App Display settings to Image size Small, and the TV Channels tab settings to Primary, default - then I get 6 across in the MacOS Emby App or Web Browser

If I set the App Display settings to Image size Default, and the TV Channels tab settings to Primary, default - then I get 5 across in the MacOS Emby App or Web Browser

That's because you are in desktop display mode. If you enabled TV display mode in the web app setting, then they would be larger and you'd only have 4 across.

• Like 1

davidmahon2@gmail.com
2 hours ago, Luke said:

That's because you are in desktop display mode. If you enabled TV display mode in the web app setting, then they would be larger and you'd only have 4 across.

Confirmed - I switched web browser to TV display mode and icons are arranged in 4 columns.

Screenshot2024-02-20at07_36_21.thumb.jpg.a7d6aeef6261621cfa648f2a53398124.jpg

However, at some point prior in the last few months the ATV app changed live TV icon arrangement from 5 columns to 4.

I prefer more columns - an arrangement of 4 columns seems way too big on a 65" OLED TV

• Thanks 1