Many problems since v4.8.1.0 update

AlHayes
Go to solution Solved by AlHayes,

AlHayes

Hello everyone,

1st issue was that it was taking a long time to access my library on local web page & remote Android app so much that it stopped showing any of my library. So I have been using my downloads folder until the weekend until I had more time to troubleshoot. I noticed that 3 tasks were trying to run at once: scanning the library files, media conversion, & I think thumbnail creation. So I stopped them then restarted the server...wouldn't automatically restart. Had to use task manager to end task & then start server manually. Still no library visible even though my folders & files are all there in Windows Explorer. Rebooted computer (Windows 10 64 bit)...no change. Followed troubleshooting steps of deleting library.db-shm & library.db-wal. Started server again & it recreated those files although no change. Rename library.db & started server again. Of course my libraries were gone. Added 1 folder for music (about 3.6Tb) & it took about 16 hours to scan even though nothing showed up in my "Home" page. Downloaded the latest Emby Server for Windows & tried to reinstall. Now I get the message attached even after making sure that Emby nor any antivirus is not running in the background. Still no success. Do I uninstall then reinstall?

Please, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, & thank you,

Al. G2J!

emby error.jpg

HI, at this point since you've already deleted library.db, you could do a complete fresh start I suppose, but just to circle back on this:

it took about 16 hours to scan even though nothing showed up in my "Home" page.

If it's showing up in Emby library setup but not your user home screen, then it's probably just a matter of your user not being granted access to it. Did you review what libraries your user is granted access to in user setup?

AlHayes

Thank you for the quick reply.

I only have 1 user & I have/had access to all libraries in user setup.

I am going to do a complete uninstall (I have my Premiere Key saved) reboot then reinstall latest version.

I've had to reinstall the server every few major updates although this has been the most stubborn 1 so far.

I do like the latest additions to the interface.

Another unrelated issue that I've had foe awhile now is that if my downloads are on my external (SD card) on my phone then shuffle will only work within an individual download group or folder. It would be nice to shuffle all of the music that is on my phone.

I will update this topic after I am, hopefully, successful in reinstalling!

Thank you,

Al. G2J!

• Solution
AlHayes

So far so good!

Looks like it was my browser holding onto the Emby-Server folder! Even after shutting down the server & closing the tab! That's probably why the server wouldn't fully shutdown & restart when asked to.

Not sure if it is a problem with FireFox or possibly a Windows update?

I used PowerToys & right clicked the folder. Chose Unlock with File Locksmith & it showed me that FireFox was still using something in that folder!

Thank you,

• Thanks 1