"4400 2021 SnnEnn" - not looked up properly by Emby

Mendocinotim

Mendocinotim

Emby had trouble when it tried looking everything up correctly - probably due to the name of the show “4400”.

I had to futz around with the filenames and changed them from “4400 2021 SnnSnn …” to “4400 SnnEnn …”.
That change initially didn’t work when I then told Emby to “Scan Library Files” - note: this usually works.

However, in this one case, after having it scan the library, I also had to tell Emby to “Refresh Metadata”.
After a few moments (while it looked everything up) I refreshed the page and voila it finally had all the right episode names and info in properly.

I have seen this kind of behavior with shows like “24” and “1899” in the past.

Shows named with only numbers seem to have this issue when Emby examines it’s filenames - I also think the date part of the filename may contribute to this problem. Although I have not tested this, I do believe that if the date is wrapped in parens this problem may not be triggered in this kind of case - maybe.

This is not a big deal, as not many shows or movies are named just with a number - but I thought I would mention it here.

Happy2Play

Yes shows with same names can be an issue but adding year to folder usually solves the issue.

Did not see an issue in my test

image.png.e4d6a08a42096b06cbdf7d6403eeccdf.png

image.png.0709fd48c91f91e38c6924f0a9854e3d.png

• Thanks 1