How to delete downloads?

wordlover
Go to solution Solved by wordlover,

wordlover

What is the correct way to delete Downloads in Android app (in this instance running on Pixel phone, Android 13, Emby Android v. 3.3.66)? The 3-dot menu choice "delete" at first is scary (perhaps add clarity that it's 'delete from device' not 'delete from server'?), but once I tried, it doesn't work for any previously downloaded songs/albums - error popup appears: "Access token is invalid or expired".

Maybe this is related to my having wiped and installed new server with v.4.8? Regardless, how can I remove these downloaded music files (and of course not delete from server)?

MBSki
30 minutes ago, wordlover said:

What is the correct way to delete Downloads in Android app (in this instance running on Pixel phone, Android 13, Emby Android v. 3.3.66)? The 3-dot menu choice "delete" at first is scary (perhaps add clarity that it's 'delete from device' not 'delete from server'?), but once I tried, it doesn't work for any previously downloaded songs/albums - error popup appears: "Access token is invalid or expired".

Maybe this is related to my having wiped and installed new server with v.4.8? Regardless, how can I remove these downloaded music files (and of course not delete from server)?

I can never figure this out and it's worded poorly so I always go to the server and remove downloads from there.

wordlover

Thanks but in this situation I can't, because those downloads from 4.7 server aren't listed in Downloads section of new 4.8 server settings. And I can't navigate on my Android device to what is reported as the download directory for those old files, because they're hidden inside Emby app folders. So need guidance from Emby devs on how to use the app to delete those old files. Will uninstall of Emby app wipe clean that old download directory, or just cause even more problems?

• Like 1

MBSki

I think I've had to manually delete the download directory in the paste in situations like this. Can you find them if you browse your phone folders when connected to your computer?

• Thanks 1

• Solution
wordlover

Thanks @MBSki- yep, I had to connect phone to computer, manually delete the directory /Android/data/com.mb.android/Downloads, then force-stop, clear cache and clear storage for Emby app on phone, and finally all the old downloads are gone.

MBSki
54 minutes ago, wordlover said:

Thanks @MBSki- yep, I had to connect phone to computer, manually delete the directory /Android/data/com.mb.android/Downloads, then force-stop, clear cache and clear storage for Emby app on phone, and finally all the old downloads are gone.

It's so annoying, but glad that worked. 🙂