FLAC music files NOT detected

Annie Sixgun

Annie Sixgun

Linux Emby Server

OK, so I am slowly learning Emby and I hit another snag already.

I created a new music library , with a path to one directory containing  FLAC files.

The library appeared just fine but the folder is empty

As a test, I added one ogg file to the flac folder that currently shows as empty

The ogg file was detected, and was able to be played

I then created a new music library with a path to a  test folder

the new test folder contains one flac file and one mp3 file and one ogg file

The mp3 and ogg files were detected and were able to be played, the flac file was not detected

I searched the forum and found loads of flac related problems but I did not find flac files not being detected.

Unfortunately I have a lot of flac files....

Am I missing a special setting or something for flac?

Anne

tedfroop21

Does Emby  have the proper permissions for the new directory?  Flac is no problem with Emby (my whole library is flac).  But Emby needs the proper permissions to the folder so it can see the files.  If you created the folder with your user - you own the folder and files and you need to change that.

Edited by tedfroop21

Annie Sixgun
1 hour ago, tedfroop21 said:

Does Emby  have the proper permissions for the new directory?  Flac is no problem with Emby (my whole library is flac).  But Emby needs the proper permissions to the folder so it can see the files.  If you created the folder with your user - you own the folder and files and you need to change that.

Emby is part of my GROUP with admin privileges,  for my install and test  purposes

27 minutes ago, Annie Sixgun said:

Emby is part of my GROUP with admin privileges,  for my install and test  purposes

Hi, did you take a look at that topic anyway? Thanks.

Annie Sixgun

yes.... what was it you wanted me to see ???

edit....  BTW..  if I did not have correct permissions, how would emby detect the ogg and mp3 files in the same folder,,,  and play them ???

50 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, did you take a look at that topic anyway? Thanks.

Edited by Annie Sixgun

Happy2Play

This is starting to sound like the topic with mkv not showing up.

But have no idea how to reproduce either.

Can you show us a specific example, comparing what you see in Emby vs what is in the folders? Thanks.

Annie Sixgun
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Can you show us a specific example, comparing what you see in Emby vs what is in the folders? Thanks.

Flacactualcontents.png.5694042941ab96c4816e4b93fbff9c3d.pngFLACandogg.thumb.png.550845ce5ed2d1dd3c1445bce87651aa.png

The zip folder  is from when I briefly thought of converting to mp3

tedfroop21
3 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

This is starting to sound like the topic with mkv not showing up.

But have no idea how to reproduce either.

No,  Flac is fine.  The only issues have been with cover art in clients (Roku Android TV).  Apart from that Flac on the server has been fine.  I just added this album this week.

Screenshot2024-02-13at19-42-48slim-Server.thumb.png.5d7328507fef917eef6f8f1c3415010e.pngTag.thumb.jpg.9022384f5e26dad6694182d260525d7b.jpg

Silly question though - do you need libflac / restricted packages installed?  Some distros of linux come without it.

I have libflac installed but can't remember if it was a requirement.

On 2/17/2024 at 9:23 PM, tedfroop21 said:

No,  Flac is fine.  The only issues have been with cover art in clients (Roku Android TV).  Apart from that Flac on the server has been fine.  I just added this album this week.

Screenshot2024-02-13at19-42-48slim-Server.thumb.png.5d7328507fef917eef6f8f1c3415010e.pngTag.thumb.jpg.9022384f5e26dad6694182d260525d7b.jpg

Silly question though - do you need libflac / restricted packages installed?  Some distros of linux come without it.

I have libflac installed but can't remember if it was a requirement.

Hi, no, this doesn't matter.

Question - how many Emby libraries have you created, and what folder paths are added to each one?