Duplicate Entries in Album View

jprobins007

jprobins007

I am seeing duplicate entries in Album view, both when I am playing a file and when I choose "Go to Album". This is in an Audiobooks library containing Audio Plays. See image below. For some reason, one of the duplicates always has the correct image, while the other always has a random image. I am also having issues with the "Continue Listening" row on my home screen in that partially listened to audio plays in the library are not always showing up in "Continue Listening" and some files which have not been listened to all do show up there. I am presuming this is a symptom of whatever the problem is that is causing the duplicate album entries. Note that there are not actual duplicate files involved. Each of the duplicate entries refers to the same MP3 or M4B file. I am running Emby Server 4.8.1.0 on a QNAP TVS-H674 running QuTSHero. The issue presents itself when viewing Emby via browser, Samsung app, and Android app.

11 Untitled.png

Edited by jprobins007

jprobins007

For completeness, I am providing screenshots of the file naming structure and the Metadata tags.

13 Untitled.png

12 Untitled.png

Happy2Play

And if you go to edit metadata (right click or three dot menu) on each of those duplicated items, do they point to different media?

jprobins007

OMG. One points to what appears to be a duplicate of my entire database in a portion of the NAS storage I cannot even directly access. I am baffled as to what is going on or why it was duplicated. See images below.

15 Untitled.png

14 Untitled.png

Happy2Play

A fellow QNAP user many have to assist here.

But what is your applied library path when you setup the library.

jprobins007

To add further confusion the folder with the ZF52_Data folder is not included in the folders at which the library is pointed.

16 Untitled.png

jprobins007

I have a suspicion this is related to or a creature of the QuTSHero operating system. Has anyone run across this?

jprobins007

Perhaps the best Emby question here is why is Emby pulling files in this Library that are outside the designated folders.

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, jprobins007 said:

To add further confusion the folder with the ZF52_Data folder is not included in the folders at which the library is pointed.

16 Untitled.png

Okay audio/music has quirks with multiple libraries do you have same content in more than one library?  As your other libraries have ZF52_Data paths.

jprobins007

No and no. I cannot even access the ZFS2_DATA folders without SSH'ing in. I could move the Audiobooks folder inside Audio Drama so that there would only be one designated folder for this library if that would help.

Happy2Play

Would need to see all library assigned paths but audio in multiple libraries will merge per there internal db matching ids.

jprobins007

I did find another library that had a ZFS2_DATA folder path. I have reset it to the "regular" file path and waiting on the library scan to complete.

• Thanks 1

jprobins007

Changing all the paths caused a great deal of problems, and I ended up having to restore everything, including the database file, from backup.

jprobins007

To make things even better, it appears that the restore function in the Backup and Restore plugin is not working. I click restore and choose the backup. It tells me it will shutdown after restore, then a new pop up says it will shutdown now. Then nothing happens. When I restart Emby manually at this point, the setting are not rolled back to the restore point.

jprobins007

Oddly and,perhaps, connected to the above, I find that while Emby will restart, it will not shutdown. Choosing the shutdown option simply does nothing. I can only seem to force shutdown by restarting the whole NAS.

4 hours ago, jprobins007 said:

Oddly and,perhaps, connected to the above, I find that while Emby will restart, it will not shutdown. Choosing the shutdown option simply does nothing. I can only seem to force shutdown by restarting the whole NAS.

Hi, what makes you think that shutdown does nothing?

• 3 weeks later...