How do I find out what files emby thinks are a show?

BigBillSD
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

BigBillSD

Emby is showing a season of a show with 7 epidsode I no longer have on disk.  (haven't had it for many months, and I just installed emby)  How do I determine where emby is finding that season of shows on the filesystem?   I have not found anything that will show me the detail of an episode, like its file path.  -Bill

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, BigBillSD said:

Emby is showing a season of a show with 7 epidsode I no longer have on disk.  (haven't had it for many months, and I just installed emby)  How do I determine where emby is finding that season of shows on the filesystem?   I have not found anything that will show me the detail of an episode, like its file path.  -Bill

In episode detail screen, scroll all the way down, MediaInfo section should list file path. 

• Solution
13 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

In episode detail screen, scroll all the way down, MediaInfo section should list file path. 

Hi. You may need to turn on the option in display settings in the app to show additional media information.

BigBillSD
20 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Is that only in the web interface?  I found that its pointing at files in folders that are not Star Trek.    Hmm. Is there a quick way fix that for all those incorrectly identified episodes?  And its in the correct folder structure for what it really is.  

Edited by BigBillSD

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, BigBillSD said:

I found that its pointing at files in folders that are no Star Trek.    Hmm. Is there a quick way fix that for all those incorrectly identified episodes?  And its in the correct folder structure for what it really is.  

Specific example would be needed.

BigBillSD
5 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Specific example would be needed.

I guess that means there isn't an easy way to fix the show name that emby is misidentifying? 

I wouldn't want to edit each of the 7 episodes names in the metadata.  I know one other dvr I am testing has a fix match button, mainly I only needed that to get the artwork.  -Bill

Edited by BigBillSD

GrimReaper

From the above link:

• Describe the problem in your own words, including what you're trying to accomplish, and where you're getting stuck. Please mention some specific examples.
  • In your description, be very specific about the steps you took and what happened with the system.  Describe it like you are talking to a blind person - because you are. We cannot see what you did or what happened so be as specific as possible.

If you don't mention/show what is being misidentified, how are your files/folders named/organized, hardly anyone can divine an answer to your query.

BigBillSD
2 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

From the above link:

If you don't mention/show what is being misidentified, how are your files/folders named/organized, hardly anyone can divine an answer to your query.

I prefer to leave the names blank.  The folder structure is ...\The Book of Boba Fett\Season 1\The.Book.of.Boba.Fett.S01E01               .... etc 

3 hours ago, BigBillSD said:

I guess that means there isn't an easy way to fix the show name that emby is misidentifying? 

I wouldn't want to edit each of the 7 episodes names in the metadata.  I know one other dvr I am testing has a fix match button, mainly I only needed that to get the artwork.  -Bill

Hi there, can you please provide a specific example? How are your files named and organized?

Happy2Play

Not entirely sure what you are looking for but sounds like you would need table view with path.  But obviously library content type will be a variable also.

image.thumb.png.b0bb97bbbe12c9b61745ae72d151b793.png