Server has disappeared

MunchkinDaddy

MunchkinDaddy

I uninstalled Emby, reinstalled the windows download; and my server has just vanished when I log in. It asks me to add a server like i never had a server in the first place?

Hi, what exactly did you uninstall and reinstall? Just the Emby Windows app or your entire Emby Server?

Regardless of the answer to that, can you connect to your server by manually entering the address into the Emby Windows app?

MunchkinDaddy

I only uninstalled the Emby windows app, the same one when I go to Emby website and click download menu. My server has disappeared before I uninstalled Emby windows app. I uninstalled it after the server disappeared, thinking there was something wrong with the Emby app so I could get a clean install. 

I can't manually connect as I don't know the address

seanbuff
11 minutes ago, MunchkinDaddy said:

Did you install the Emby Server on a computer yourself? Do you have physical access to that computer, or know the IP address?

MunchkinDaddy

Yes I installed it myself on my PC. Yes I have access to the computer and know my IP. 

10 minutes ago, MunchkinDaddy said:

Yes I installed it myself on my PC. Yes I have access to the computer and know my IP. 

Hi, so are you all set now? I'm a little unclear on the issue because just earlier you said:

MunchkinDaddy

I know the IP address of my PC, but not the address to the Emby server. When I sign in to Emby, my server does not show up, the only selection is to manually connect. I can't manually connect to Emby server if I don't know the address of my server. 

Happy2Play
27 minutes ago, MunchkinDaddy said:

I know the IP address of my PC, but not the address to the Emby server. When I sign in to Emby, my server does not show up, the only selection is to manually connect. I can't manually connect to Emby server if I don't know the address of my server. 

But you do as it is ip address and port.

if you have access to the host computer, how do you access Emby in a browser?

localhost:8096

LANIP:8096

WANIP:8096

DDNSaddress:8096

But sounds like you are using Connect and need to link/relink your user account by removing and readding email address.

image.png.3c7519869718a8434a7cbfce1c0c4048.png

• Like 1

MunchkinDaddy

I just go to the Emby website, click sign in and the server opens, if it isn't already open on a website. I tend not to use the "app" on the desktop as it doesn't always open to see anything. I'll try manually connecting using the IP of my home computer. It was just weird as I didn't do anything, and one day it just vanished. 

seanbuff
3 minutes ago, MunchkinDaddy said:

I just go to the Emby website, click sign in and the server opens

Have you tried re-linking your Emby Connect email as per Happy's comment?

26 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

But sounds like you are using Connect and need to link/relink your user account by removing and readding email address.

image.png.3c7519869718a8434a7cbfce1c0c4048.png

Happy2Play

You will most likely have to access Emby via the web client on the system you installed Emby server on via localhost or LANIP.

What platform did you install Emby Server on?