How to Update / Refresh / Rescan the Collections Library

Bearus1987
Go to solution Solved by seanbuff,

Bearus1987

Hi,

I noticed only recently I no longer need the collections plugin installed on 2 of my Emby servers as apparently it's abuild in feature now? I have a weird issue where 2 of my servers hosting my content, they host identical content but on the newer server the Collections library is about 40+ items short and some have no images.

How do I go about refreshing the Collections library to pull in missing images and more importantly missing collections from my Movie libraries? I've double, triple checked my library settings are the same on both my servers but there is no 'Refresh Library' option or 'Refresh Metadata' on the Collection library.

Any ideas?

• Solution
seanbuff
1 hour ago, Bearus1987 said:

How do I go about refreshing the Collections library to pull in missing images and more importantly missing collections from my Movie libraries?

You'll need to check that both servers have the same 'Minimum automatic collection size'

image.png.1fc73f228dc7406d4e426c6e55da6964.png

and then as an example, Refresh individual movies (ensuring TheMovieDB is included in your metadata fetchers) that you believe are missing from the Collections and see if that imports them.

For the collections with missing images, try refreshing that item via the '...' menu

Bearus1987

Perfect,

I have checked and yes both servers have matching settings on each library and the Collections library on the image you posted above for Minimum Automatic Collection Size which is set to '2'.

I will refresh some Metadata on some items that are missing in the Collection and if this works I will do a refresh Metadata on the entire library as I think I have some outdated images. If I understand this correctly then, the collections doesn't update automatically, it updates when metadata is updated on individual items?

Reason I ask is there is a 'Enable Real Time Monitoring' setting on the Collections library that is unticked, should this be ticked?

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, Bearus1987 said:

If I understand this correctly then, the collections doesn't update automatically, it updates when metadata is updated on individual items?

Reason I ask is there is a 'Enable Real Time Monitoring' setting on the Collections library that is unticked, should this be ticked?

Yes item metadata has to updated to create collection.  

RTM on Collection library really doesn't do much anymore as collections come from item metadata.

• Like 1

Happy2Play
2 hours ago, Bearus1987 said:

How do I go about refreshing the Collections library to pull in missing images

From the Collection library standpoint, you will want to verify the library setting, up can only be refreshed from the api.

Personally I enter the library and multi-select all and refresh search for missing.

• Thanks 1

Bearus1987

Hi,

Really appreciate the help here, after refreshing the Metadata on all my Movies it picked up info for collections and fixed any missing collections and also filled in any images.

Also thanks Happy2Play on the suggestion, selecting various items in the Collection library then gives me the option to Refresh Metadata on these so I'm all sorted now.

Thanks for the help, happy to close this thread if needed.

• Thanks 1