Loud *POP* for the start of each theme

yaksplat

yaksplat

I've been trying to figure out the cause of this for the past couple of months.  Each time I select a show or movie that has a theme file, there is an extremely loud, feedback type of POP sound, before the theme starts playing.

I have two LG oled TVs. A OLED65C1PUB and a OLED77C3PUA, which is the newer one.  I'm trying to understand if there's a difference between the two.  The emby app on the new TV has to be turned up to 80 on my Onkyo tuner compared to being in the 50's on the older model.  I think this is causing the loud POP noise.  Both TV's were hooked up through the same eArc.  Using the same setup with the AppleTV, the volume doesn't have to be high, so there's no pop, but then again I don't believe that there are theme songs on the AppleTV app. 

Is there some setting that I'm missing that controls the output volume of the app on LG?  It almost seems like that moment of feedback is at an unregulated volume, unlike the actual theme or the show that plays. 

SamES

This sounds like the TV/Receiver switching audio modes.   What's the format of the theme file?

If you turn off themes, does the pop go away, or does it then occur when you start the show or movie instead?