Where can I find the "Kodi skinning section" mentioned in the FAQ?

Loondawg

Loondawg

I apologize in advance for this dumb question. Where can I find the "Kodi skinning section" mentioned in the FAQ?

Syncing libraries:
Kodi supports only following content types by its internal database: Movies, Musicvideo, TVShows and Music
Emby on the other hand has several more.
The plugin has functionalities to sync content even it's not directly supported by Kodi. e.g. homevideos, podcasts etc.
As Kodi does not have those categories, homevideos are synced as movies, podcasts as audio etc.
If you don't use a custom Kodi skin, it will end up in the movie node (section) showing both: movies and homevideos.
This can be avoided by using the Emby-next-gen plugin custom nodes (more in the Kodi skinning section)

I'm usually pretty good at searching but I can't find anything helpful using the search "skinning" "custom nodes".

I run into the problem of libraries being combined and am trying to find the solution. Thanks.

quickmic

Do you have a custom skin installed. Not using the default skin (estuary)? e.g. I use "estuary mod v2" from Kodinerds repo -> https://repo.kodinerds.net/ -> "Download repo Addon"

Edited by quickmic

Loondawg

I do. I run the Aeon MQ9 MOD.

And while I do already make wide use of custom nodes, I am trying to understand what the FAQ was suggesting as a way to avoid seeing everything flagged as movies in the Movies menu. 

quickmic

Well, all I can say. Don't use the regular nodes from the skin. Use the one from the plugin.

Have a look here, it might help.

Loondawg

Thanks very much. The Aeon MQ9 skin works a bit differently but underlying basics are the same. So that makes me feel much better as it confirms I've actually got it set up correctly already. So I just need to do a little bit more tweaking to get it perfect. Thanks again.

Nice choice with the F1 by the way.

• Like 1