The Year 2022 for TV show is doing something weird.

psmale

psmale

After upgrading to 4.8.1.0   in my TV Library the Year  folder of 2022.   was listed as a tv show and show's everything listed as episodes.

I Have 3 Drives    each with as share point   drive one has folders name's of the year  1945 to 2008.   drive 2   folders 2009 to 2017.   drive 3.  folders 2018 to 2024

After upgrading the year 2022 as i said listed as a show with hundreds of episodes under it,  incorrectly.

The only way I was able  to get around this was to copy the folder of 2022.   over to a new share point that did not have "2022" in the name.

Then it worked but have this old extra share point just for this 2022 folder year and all the show's under it.

Anyone else seeing this?

Sorry for the bad spelling and grammar, I am a severe dyslexic.   🙂

Peter

psmale

For TV shows I have 3 drivers  each a separate volume, no RAID 

on drive 3.   I have a share point called TV-Shows3.      I point emby Library to the root of TV-Shows3 and there is just these directory's  see below attached.

Under each folder that is a year like 2018  is the show name.

after 4.8.1. I had to move the folder 2022 to separate share  Called TV-Show-2022 and point emby to one directly down  from 2022

see third attachment .    Then is worked OK again.

Must be something about the folder name 2022 that tricks the database into thinking that it is a TV show called 2022  but that's just a guess.

Hope that helps. 

Peter.

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 12.35.29.png

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 12.36.40.png

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 12.39.04.png

psmale

Here it is before I  upgrade and before I move  2022  folder to now share.

The second attach it shows that it thinks 2022 is a show and there are 223 Seasons  of a ministries. 

When 2022 is a folder with many show underneath.

Thanks Peter.

Emby1.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 15.19.38.png

Happy2Play

Nesting Series can be problematic as Emby tries to identify what level is Series level.  It is hard to say without knowing every show in that folder and their contents.

The only real way to figure out what show is causing the issue is removing everything from 2022 folder and gradually adding shows back in small batches.

Other topics suggest shows with numbers so does removing 9-1-1 correct the issue?

psmale

Yes     Year 2021.   then show name then Season as   S01  or sometime  Season01

see below

Screenshot 2024-02-19 at 12.57.39.png

Can you show the complete contents of the 2022 folder? thanks.

OK please see this topic: 

It's very possible that the fix I found for that user will resolve your issue as well.

psmale

Thanks Luke I will wait for the next release.  If you ever need a volunteer tester  I would happy offer my time.  I am a retired networking Eng from Cisco and Apple.

I have over 10 Qnap's of different sizes, and large Move TV archive.

Love your software and hard you work on it for next to no money.

Just let me know thanks.

Peter. 

• Thanks 1