Disable password on local network missing

reggierat

Tigga5
22 hours ago, afogleson said:

I wish the nvidea shield did that... 

It does. You need to sign out from Emby on the Shield first so it will bring up the username/password screen the next time you launch the app, then you'll see the Remember Me checkbox. 

afogleson
9 hours ago, Luke said:

@afoglesondoes this help answer your question?

to be honest... maybe... i do not know. I did NOTHING to my app nor to my server. (heck i did not even restart the server let alone any upgrades) and suddenly it just started working when I hit emby on the nvidea streaming device. Frustrating as heck (especially for someone like me who does development lol I hate defects you cannot consistently replicate)

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

johenning
On 2/20/2024 at 9:50 PM, Luke said:

You could help them sign in one time though, right?

Yes, great idea. I only have to setup each person one time on each device. And its only ~10 devices and 4 people. So only 40 times entering a password.

I really don't know why I was complaining

• Agree 1

Ferkner

The problem I have with the PIN system is that there are 4 of us in the house that use emby. We never log out and would just switch between accounts. Now is one person is logged in their pin needs to be entered before anyone can switch to their profile. 

So now everyone has the same pin to avoid that annoyance.

darkassassin07

When the app opens and asks for the last users pin; you can click their user icon and switch users. Depending on the app version, there should also be a 'switch users' button just below the pin entry.

They don't have to know each others pins. 

Users can also select 'no' when asked if they'd like to use their pin on the app they are currently signing in to.

It's kind of annoying that the app doesn't just open to the user select screen though.

Ferkner

There is no user icon or option to switch users. The PIN entry box comes up and you either enter the pin and get in or you click cancel and Emby exits. 

I'm using the nvidia shield client with the server running on a QNAP. 

15 hours ago, Ferkner said:

There is no user icon or option to switch users. The PIN entry box comes up and you either enter the pin and get in or you click cancel and Emby exits. 

I'm using the nvidia shield client with the server running on a QNAP. 

If you don’t want the app to login as the last user set the option in the start up options to always show login screen