Auto-Organize - TV Option Impacting Auto-Organize of Movies

DarWun

DarWun

In the TV settings of the Auto-Organize plugin, there is the following option:

image.png.51583474fb38ba642db774d737c8e3f7.png

I disabled this setting last night as Emby was creating new folders for an international version of a show instead of using the folders that were already in my library for the US version that it was supposed to be organizing. When that setting was disabled, a movie that was in the Auto-Organize watch folder failed to be moved to the Movies library folder. Auto-Organize identified that the movie couldn't be moved because the series folder could not be found.

I turned on the "Enable new series creation" option under the TV settings and reran Auto-Organize. The movie folder was created in the Movie library folder and the media was moved to that folder as expected.

So my question is:  Why is an option on the TV configuration screen impacting how Auto-Organize works with movies? I'll provide logs when I get home later tonight.

Edited by DarWun

DarWun

@LukeSorry for the delay in posting back. After my original post, I was unable to reproduce the issue. I ran auto-organize with the "Enable new series creation" setting both on and off, and every single movie I tested with was moved to the Movie library folder as expected. I finally stumbled across the true cause of the issue I had seen. It had nothing to do with that setting. It was a result of auto-organize being run with a mix of movies and TV shows in the watch folder. In that scenario, auto-organize would report that it was unable to determine the series name for the movie. So relocation failed. The movie would be moved successfully by running Auto-Organize a second time.

Screenshot2024-02-16171246.thumb.png.dd1ff9f2213ddc38a75e86f64ca354a3.png

In my testing, I found that there does seem to be a failsafe built in to the plugin for this scenario. After all the episodes are moved, auto-organize automatically tries to move the movie again. It succeeds. For whatever reason, that did not happen in the instance that lead to me reporting that there might be an issue. The movie was only moved when I manually reran the plugin. I had changed the "Enable new series creation" setting before doing  that. So I assumed that was what fixed the issue. 

Screenshot2024-02-16171355.thumb.png.4a8e8fad45589866c9ea5d9b6fef2ed5.png

Sorry for the false report.

embyserver-63843700447.txt

• Thanks 1