Ubuntu server 22.04 LTS

spaghetti

spaghetti

A friend of mine brought over a mini pc i5 with 64gigs of ram with 3 external 16tb drives for me to install ubuntu server on and copy my media onto his hard drives last night. He bought a monthly key for emby and I set it up for him as an emby server only and he will be connecting his external drives to his windows pc and adding movies shows to the ubuntu server over a shared network. So here's the thing, I have never had any luck with live tv on any windows server I had ever used for emby not ever but I added live iptv to his ubuntu server last night and put on a starz movie channel in my living room on fire stick and left it run and even now today while I am mapping channels the same channel is still playing without a hitch. I have never seen this before, emby live tv has never played for me more than a couple hours without shutting off. It will take a few more days for me to finish copying my movies to his external drives so I get to test this out a while longer, looks like I will be switching everything to ubuntu server also and going from 16gigs of ram to 64gigs. Maybe emby was just choking due to not having enough ram or the fact that ubuntu works better or maybe a combination of both. This definitely puts a smile on my face after years of trial and error with live tv finally finally found a solution 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1