Collections Library

mbender1123
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Happy2Play
Just now, Mike2715 said:

That is correct and nothing down further on the page is there the option to enable it as it is not there.

image.png.cd17770040d51b8f0c8b7e168419ee80.png

Mike

Beside as browser cache issue only other thing I can think of is if you create a new user does it appear?

Smitty018210
4 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

You currently have an install so you can delete everything in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server and place the system file there or create a folder anywhere and put the system file in it and launch the embyserver.exe.

Thanks, what an absolute mess.

Mike2715
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Beside as browser cache issue only other thing I can think of is if you create a new user does it appear?

Cleared cache, created new user and found something else. Under user access the Library does not show there either.

Mike

Smitty018210

@Happy2PlayThank you for your help yesterday and today.

After reinstalling the older emby sever, I now have the collections back in both the app and internet browser.

I have a love hate relationship with emby/devs

I love this product, but often times am so annoyed with the decisions this dev team makes.

HI, we'll add this back in the next 4.8.X maintenance release. You'll need to create a new collection to get it to appear. Thanks guys.

• Thanks 1

cnstarz
On 3/5/2024 at 9:02 PM, Luke said:

HI, we'll add this back in the next 4.8.X maintenance release. You'll need to create a new collection to get it to appear. Thanks guys.

This is the way.  Thank you for re-adding this.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
mrg2002
On 06/03/2024 at 03:02, Luke said:

Hi, so im on 4.8.3.0 (new install)

Is the collections library on this version? If so what do i need to do to get it back (I really dont want to go down the API way as listed previously).

Thanks

robbie

Happy2Play
15 minutes ago, mrg2002 said:

Hi, so im on 4.8.3.0 (new install)

Is the collections library on this version? If so what do i need to do to get it back (I really dont want to go down the API way as listed previously).

Thanks

robbie

Currently no.  Maybe 4.8.4.0 if there is another maintenance release as it has been added back to beta releases.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/127031-createrestore-collections-library-on-new-install