Can no longer remotely connect.

Headfritz

Headfritz

It seems that I can no longer connect to Emby remotely.  When I try to login I get an error message 

"We're unable to connect to the selected server right now. Please ensure it is running and try again"

I have checked all my setting and they are correct and nothing has changed. I have restarted my server and Router and still the same message. I have even got as far as to uninstall Emby ands reinstall and yet they same message. 

Back round.  Before this issue I was having troubler with my WIFi cutting in and out. So I shut down both my router and my modem for the night. In the morning I started them back up. It was after this that I now can know long remotely connect. I didn't change any setting and any equipment , so I'm at a lose. I have gone back in and checked everything and as far as I can tell everything is set correctly. 

seanbuff
1 hour ago, Headfritz said:

So I shut down both my router and my modem for the night. In the morning I started them back up. It was after this that I now can know long remotely connect. I didn't change any setting and any equipment , so I'm at a lose. I have gone back in and checked everything and as far as I can tell everything is set correctly. 

During this process, did any IP Addresses change, both internal and external? How are you connecting remotely? Domain/DNS name or external IP?

Have you gone through the Remote Setup steps? (particularly the last section) - How far do you get?

Headfritz

As far as I can tell, the IP Addresses stayed the same. I've tried logging in on both the Web and iPhone Apps. When I'm on the web, it asks me to log in with my Email address. When I do this, it will bring up the page to choose the server. The server has an internal IP address, I'm not sure if that matters, but I chose it, and it will give me can't connect with the server message. 

When I use the App on my phone, I use the IP address. I put in the 207. IP address that's for connecting remotely. This, too, gives me the same message. 

I Have reviewed the remote connection and believe it is all set up correctly. Everything was working fine, so there was no need to change or mess with any setting. So I'm quite stumped. Could it be something to do with the server? Corrupt file? Or data?   

When I'm home, I can log in just fine on my TV & computer and so forth. I'll recheck my settings again just to double-check.  

HI, there is a strong chance that your remote ip has changed now after rebooting the router. Can you find out your remote address?

Once you know that information, then try doing a manual connection by entering the address into the Emby app. Please see if that helps.

Headfritz

I checked the Routers IP address, and it's the same.  Would it help if I just delete Emby and start from scratch? It's something I don't want to do, but I've tried everything and checked everything, and nothing seems to be wrong or fix the issue.  Could it be the modem? I don't know why, but it's the only thing I haven't checked. It doesn't do anything but connect to the internet. 

No, don't do that.

If you compare your Emby Server dashboard external IP to what you get visiting whatismyipaddress.com from a LAN computer do you get the same IP address?

Carlo

Headfritz

The IPs  are the same.  

Something is off but I just can't fine what's preventing the remote connect. 

tedfroop21

Were you using port forwarding?  If so does your IP on the port forward match your server?

Headfritz

I went back to recheck my port forwarding settings. They looked correct, but I then noticed that they were off in the lasted IP digit. So I put in the correct IP back in and then it worked. Not sure how the port forwarding changed or why. Set and forget kind of thing.  I certainly did not touch them.  Anyways it's now working.  

Thank for all your help with this issue, I really do appreciate it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1