My Media - Categories drop shadow changed to transparency after 4.8

polaris70
Go to solution Solved by SamES,

Happy2Play
On 2/15/2024 at 4:39 AM, SamES said:

Yes, I understand what you want.  I think the dark back color looks best regardless of the theme color, but currently it matches the web app.  I can change it, but it depends on whether Luke is happy for this change or wants to keep it like the web app

Looks you already answered the issue as this design change the OP does not like.

OP wants darker images on lighter themes.  

polaris70
7 hours ago, SamES said:

I'm not sure what you mean.  Can you please post new images of the web app and the ATV app showing the difference you are referring to?

Attached are both images: one directly from my TV showing the Apple TV 4K Emby App, and another from the web app. Both images feature the light theme.

AppleTV 4k Emby.jpg

Web Emby App Light theme.jpg

SamES

Thanks, so what is the concern?  They both look similar to me

polaris70
1 hour ago, SamES said:

Thanks, so what is the concern?  They both look similar to me

SamES, if you look at the LiveTV, you can see its shadow is black even though I set the white theme. I just want every My Media category to match each other. I dont care black or white, just want matching. hope you know what I want. Thanks.

Happy2Play

I am confused as Live TV is a custom image you need to change it or apply custom images to all libraries theme will not change it.  Unless you are trying to say something totally different than what is being interpreted.

So these can never match as one is custom and the other is dynamic.

image.png.809603e94080f5102482940e4113e6b0.png

SamES
37 minutes ago, polaris70 said:

SamES, if you look at the LiveTV, you can see its shadow is black even though I set the white theme. I just want every My Media category to match each other. I dont care black or white, just want matching. hope you know what I want. Thanks.

Yes, I'm confused as well.  From your screenshots, LiveTV is black in both the web app and atv, that's because the black is part of the image - it's not a 'shadow' component.  It's not a client/atv issue.

As @Happy2Playhas mentioned and I suggested earlier, I think this is a custom image that you have added to the server as I don't believe the server automatically generates dynamic images for LiveTV in the same way that it does for other library types.  You will need to create your own 'light' coloured version of this image and use it instead, which also means you will need to manually change this if you change the app theme to dark or another color.

Alternatively, and probably the better option is to see if you can make this image with transparency in the areas that are currently black, which should allow the background to bleed through and give you the effect you are after regardless of the theme.

Edited by SamES

polaris70
1 hour ago, SamES said:

Yes, I'm confused as well.  From your screenshots, LiveTV is black in both the web app and atv, that's because the black is part of the image - it's not a 'shadow' component.  It's not a client/atv issue.

As @Happy2Playhas mentioned and I suggested earlier, I think this is a custom image that you have added to the server as I don't believe the server automatically generates dynamic images for LiveTV in the same way that it does for other library types.  You will need to create your own 'light' coloured version of this image and use it instead, which also means you will need to manually change this if you change the app theme to dark or another color.

Alternatively, and probably the better option is to see if you can make this image with transparency in the areas that are currently black, which should allow the background to bleed through and give you the effect you are after regardless of the theme.

II removed the poster on LiveTV, so it no longer shows the black shadow, and LiveTV cannot generate the poster either. I think I should download some posters from the Emby plug-in Fan Art to customize My Media. Thank you so much for spending your time. I highly appreciate it.

• Like 1