embyforkodi (next-gen) 10.X.X support

quickmic

quickmic
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, seashell said:

No the point of the locks is to protect any modification or reaction to global variables.  They are fine to use on non-problematic content because they are brief and have minimal impact on the speed the code runs at.  The only lock I worry about about is the scan 100MB of data while under lock.

I'll send you a test version for review via PM. Will take anyway couple of hours, you can check it tomorrow or whenever you like. Good night, for me it's in the morning... European timezone 😉

Edited by quickmic

seashell

Ok, I'll try to look at it tomorrow, but it maybe a challenging day.

But really just do the locks like I did.   Don't worry about the cases that don't overlap.  If done right the time the locks are held is so short it won't be noticeable using it in every call.  Again the only BIG one is the clean the cache search 100MB.  That might need a special case lock of its own or something.

CDogg2000

Hi, I'm using, experimenting, with v21 Omega and I have a rather odd issue occurring.  Your plugin from about 9.x to 10.now works great all on it's own, no issues there.  The ODD issue that comes into play is with some settings that it reverts every time I restart Kodi.  I like Kodi to read tags for music files and for video files outside of Emby.  Whenever I close Kodi, these settings are reverted back to false every single time.  It's just this addon that's doing this but can't figure out why.  I even went into the "guisettings.xml" file in "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata" and changed these values manually;

<setting id="myvideos.usetags" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="myvideos.extractflags">false</setting>
    <setting id="myvideos.extractthumb">false</setting>
    <setting id="musicfiles.findremotethumbs">false</setting>
    <setting id="musicfiles.usetags">false</setting>

...by setting them all to true.  I open Kodi and the moment the Emby addon kicks in, these settings revert back to false.  I used "WinMerge" to note the moment the file changed and in what areas of the file.  I went through disabling all addons and the issue stopped.  I enabled just this addon, since its used the most, and the issue is back.  I've tried many versions from 9.x to 10.now, all while deleting its addon data as well, so with no settings at all.  The moment the addon starts after opening Kodi, it removes these settings first thing then prompts for the usual "use native" or "addon default" box.  I can't say if this occurs with 8.x and v21 because I couldn't get it to bring in movies, just tv shows.  I figured it's too old which is likely why.  I don't have this issue with v19 and 8.x.  Flawless setup there.  I think v9.4.15 is when movies and tv shows BOTH worked.  ...but then this current issue was the odd result.  Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Edited by CDogg2000

quickmic
7 hours ago, CDogg2000 said:

Hi, I'm using, experimenting, with v21 Omega and I have a rather odd issue occurring.  Your plugin from about 9.x to 10.now works great all on it's own, no issues there.  The ODD issue that comes into play is with some settings that it reverts every time I restart Kodi.  I like Kodi to read tags for music files and for video files outside of Emby.  Whenever I close Kodi, these settings are reverted back to false every single time.  It's just this addon that's doing this but can't figure out why.  I even went into the "guisettings.xml" file in "C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata" and changed these values manually;

<setting id="myvideos.usetags" default="true">false</setting>
    <setting id="myvideos.extractflags">false</setting>
    <setting id="myvideos.extractthumb">false</setting>
    <setting id="musicfiles.findremotethumbs">false</setting>
    <setting id="musicfiles.usetags">false</setting>

...by setting them all to true.  I open Kodi and the moment the Emby addon kicks in, these settings revert back to false.  I used "WinMerge" to note the moment the file changed and in what areas of the file.  I went through disabling all addons and the issue stopped.  I enabled just this addon, since its used the most, and the issue is back.  I've tried many versions from 9.x to 10.now, all while deleting its addon data as well, so with no settings at all.  The moment the addon starts after opening Kodi, it removes these settings first thing then prompts for the usual "use native" or "addon default" box.  I can't say if this occurs with 8.x and v21 because I couldn't get it to bring in movies, just tv shows.  I figured it's too old which is likely why.  I don't have this issue with v19 and 8.x.  Flawless setup there.  I think v9.4.15 is when movies and tv shows BOTH worked.  ...but then this current issue was the odd result.  Anyone else experiencing anything like this?

Because in addon mode the plugin sets those parameters:

SendJson('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"myvideos.extractflags","value":false}}', True)
        SendJson('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"myvideos.extractthumb","value":false}}', True)
        SendJson('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"myvideos.usetags","value":false}}', True)
        SendJson('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"musicfiles.usetags","value":false}}', True)
        SendJson('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"musicfiles.findremotethumbs","value":false}}', True)

miangacu

Live TV from Emby not working? I can't get it to work on Kodi 21.

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.16:

Delta changelog 10.0.15 -> 10.0.16

fix webservice threading issues (special thanks to user seashell)
fix minor multicontent selection issue

quickmic
58 minutes ago, miangacu said:

Live TV from Emby not working? I can't get it to work on Kodi 21.

Works fine on my setup.

miangacu
1 hour ago, quickmic said:

Works fine on my setup.

What addon for pvr are you using and what configuration? Thanks.

838Joel

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.16:

Delta changelog 10.0.15 -> 10.0.16

fix minor multicontent selection issue

Still show this on my end: "PUBLIC TESTING VERSION 10.0.15:" but the link is okay!

in the top of the thread: 

Edited by 838Joel
  • Like 1

quickmic
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, miangacu said:

What addon for pvr are you using and what configuration? Thanks.

iptv simple client

Kodi 20: 20.13.0

Kodi 21: 21.8.3

And no configuration/default, the plugin does that when livetv was synced.

But your question confuses me. Do you know live tv works via plugin?

If you try something different, it's not up to the plugin.

Edited by quickmic

CDogg2000

Awesome and thanks for the fast reply!  Where in the files for this addon can I go to remove these lines please?

SendJson('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"myvideos.extractflags","value":false}}', True)
        SendJson('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"myvideos.extractthumb","value":false}}', True)
        SendJson('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"myvideos.usetags","value":false}}', True)
        SendJson('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"musicfiles.usetags","value":false}}', True)
        SendJson('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "id":1, "method":"Settings.SetSettingValue", "params": {"setting":"musicfiles.findremotethumbs","value":false}}', True)

quickmic
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CDogg2000 said:

Awesome and thanks for the fast reply!  Where in the files for this addon can I go to remove these lines please?

utils.py

But the lines are not just there to annoy you  🤪

There is a reason why I disable them in addon mode. If you experience issues with this settings, you are on your own.

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

Info:

The boxset to tags option seems to be broken. Will be fixed in next version

miangacu
4 hours ago, quickmic said:

iptv simple client

Kodi 20: 20.13.0

Kodi 21: 21.8.3

And no configuration/default, the plugin does that when livetv was synced.

But your question confuses me. Do you know live tv works via plugin?

If you try something different, it's not up to the plugin.

I have installed iptv simple client and emby for kodi next gen (the 3 plugins), but Live TV does not work. I don't know if I have to have something else installed.

When I log into TV on Kodi, I see the following message (attached).

Captura de Pantalla 2024-04-27 a las 18.41.15.png

quickmic
31 minutes ago, miangacu said:

I have installed iptv simple client and emby for kodi next gen (the 3 plugins), but Live TV does not work. I don't know if I have to have something else installed.

When I log into TV on Kodi, I see the following message (attached).

Captura de Pantalla 2024-04-27 a las 18.41.15.png

I assume you tried a Kodi restart already?

Which iptvsimple version and I need a kodi.log for review

quickmic

Info:

Watch together and remote playback seek is broken.

Will also be fixed in next version

miangacu

I assume you tried a Kodi restart already?

Which iptvsimple version and I need a kodi.log for review

Yes, I have restarted it.

Version 21.8.4.

Attached Kodi.log

kodi.log

quickmic
36 minutes ago, miangacu said:

Yes, I have restarted it.

Version 21.8.4.

Attached Kodi.log

kodi.log 47.38 kB · 0 downloads

Seems something is wrong in you m3u

AddOnLog: pvr.iptvsimple: pvr.iptvsimple - ConnectionLost Could not validiate M3U after startup, but ignoring as startup is all we care about.

miangacu

Seems something is wrong in you m3u

AddOnLog: pvr.iptvsimple: pvr.iptvsimple - ConnectionLost Could not validiate M3U after startup, but ignoring as startup is all we care about.

What m3u? I haven't put any m3u in Kodi.

quickmic
Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, miangacu said:

What m3u? I haven't put any m3u in Kodi.

The plugin does that when you synced liveTV.

userdata/addon_data/plugin.video.emby-next-gen/temp

It's the playlist for iptvsimple

Please send me a kodi.log in debug mode (via PM).

Edited by quickmic

quickmic

New PUBLIC TESTING version available 10.0.17:

Delta changelog 10.0.16 -> 10.0.17

intercept .ifo request in webservice
fix skip credits jumps (thanks to user skyfish)
add EventName into playback session dict
fix boxsets to tags option
fix watch together (seek and timezones)
fix recording syncs

Comment:

if you need "boxsets to tags" option working

- Boxset refresh is required
- Node reset is required

quickmic

Unfortunately, there is still an issue in "boxsets to tags"

Will be fixed in next version

quickmic

New BETA version available 10.0.18:

Delta changelog 10.0.17 -> 10.0.18

fix boxsets to tags option

Comment:

This version now beta and also available via Emby's Kodi beta repository

• Like 2

ntls2000

I'm looking for a solution for media theme updates. Would it be possible to update media theme with a cron or task manager if this would be possible ? 

quickmic
6 minutes ago, ntls2000 said:

I'm looking for a solution for media theme updates. Would it be possible to update media theme with a cron or task manager if this would be possible ? 

It's on my todo list, currently only manually possible.