Collections Link Gone?

kbeck
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

kbeck

After updates today I have no links to TMDB Collections anymore. So now we have to manually go look them up?????

Happy2Play

I will guess you mean the provider link that is no longer displayed on the page but still exists in metadata, correct?

@Lukeshould Collections have external links?

15 minutes ago, kbeck said:

After updates today I have no links to TMDB Collections anymore. So now we have to manually go look them up?????

Hi, can you please describe this in more detail? Where are you looking for them?

11 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I will guess you mean the provider link that is no longer displayed on the page but still exists in metadata, correct?

@Lukeshould Collections have external links?

They should, yes.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, Luke said:

They should, yes.

They are hidden

image.png.b47835d77d30badee7b0a703a13b69b4.png

kbeck

Happy2Play has the right screenshot. Hard to show something that's not there but used to be a ?button? after all the movie posters showing "TheMovieDB" with it linking to that collection at themoviedb.org. I've clicked on it a thousand times without really paying attention to exactly what it looked like.

• Solution
Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, kbeck said:

Happy2Play has the right screenshot. Hard to show something that's not there but used to be a ?button? after all the movie posters showing "TheMovieDB" with it linking to that collection at themoviedb.org. I've clicked on it a thousand times without really paying attention to exactly what it looked like.

Nothing you can do right now as @Lukehas to correct the code as you see the hide element above.  So it hides genre and links.

image.png.11bc50b5d23f2ebe9d1250092581d208.png

• Like 1

kbeck

Thanks for understanding. How do you describe something no longer there???? I'll wait on a solution. When an update happens sometimes you don't know if it disappeared on purpose or not. I used it all the time to see what items I'm missing in a collection.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

Resolved in beta 4.9.0.4.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

This will be resolved in the upcoming 4.8.2 maintenance release. Thanks.

kbeck
On 2/25/2024 at 3:27 PM, Luke said:

This will be resolved in the upcoming 4.8.2 maintenance release. Thanks.

Just got 4.8.3. Link is back but not nearly as nice as before. No points for a complete failure. Now let's talk about the disaster called Missing Episodes Report. You said it would be in a context menu. The one there is for each show, not all, and no way to export. You're killing me here.

Hi there, what do you mean by the link is not as nice as before? The links section at the bottom of detail screens looks the same as it always has I believe.

3 hours ago, kbeck said:

Just got 4.8.3. Link is back but not nearly as nice as before. No points for a complete failure. Now let's talk about the disaster called Missing Episodes Report. You said it would be in a context menu. The one there is for each show, not all, and no way to export. You're killing me here.

Have you taken a look at the new Missing Episodes section in the metadata manager? It's under Views.

kbeck
8 minutes ago, Luke said:

Have you taken a look at the new Missing Episodes section in the metadata manager? It's under Views.

I seem to remember the link to themoviedb.org being a nice button or icon not just plain text. I say that's sloppy coding.

I have looked at the Missing Episodes in Metadata Manager. Totally useless. No way to export and if you do a select all and paste into Excel all you get is 1 screenfull. It would take hours to copy and paste and 40 screens. and then I still have to massage the data because it's not in any kind of format. HUGE stepback.I really don't get it. Once again you've taken the program backwards. I'll just look for a 3rd party solution.

Happy2Play

Yes links were all changed and don't have button treatment.

image.png.54a295b0be74e7f4d647a36451471b78.png

4.8+

image.png.07d6ca204de7be9b8490603bca791641.png

kbeck

Exactly. And you guys think the plain, much smaller text looks better? So what space was it killing? It was at the bottom. This is another case of change for absolutely no reason.

1 minute ago, kbeck said:

Exactly. And you guys think the plain, much smaller text looks better? So what space was it killing? It was at the bottom. This is another case of change for absolutely no reason.

It isn't about space but more about the amount of attention it was calling to itself. Especially if you look at how many more clickable links there are down there now that weren't before.  You can't make them all buttons. It would look like clutter city.

So an export function in the metadata manager missing episodes would give you what you need?

• Agree 2

Smitty018210
1 hour ago, Luke said:

It isn't about space but more about the amount of attention it was calling to itself. Especially if you look at how many more clickable links there are down there now that weren't before.  You can't make them all buttons. It would look like clutter city.

I like the buttons a lot more. It was much easier to see on my screen. My projector is more than 20 feet from my screen and i sit about 15-16 from my screen. I can barley see it now.

That link and the font is tiny. Please consider changing it back, or even crazier I know, let us the end user choose what we prefer. How about give us the option?

Edited by Smitty018210

HI, we'll add this back in the next 4.8.X maintenance release. You'll need to create a new collection to get it to appear. Thanks guys.

Smitty018210
On 3/5/2024 at 10:02 PM, Luke said:

HI, we'll add this back in the next 4.8.X maintenance release. You'll need to create a new collection to get it to appear. Thanks guys.

I am sorry Luke, are you saying the button is coming back? Because that would be awesome news!