Now Playing Not Showing

mattl1979

On 4/9/2024 at 5:10 AM, BasicUser said:

At this point it would be nice to get an update, or at the very least a response to messages.

This defect was introduced 2+ months ago, so it would be helpful to know when the internal team are targeting to release the next version which also includes this fix.

Hi, I apologize for this issue. Unfortunately this is a complicated one because it isn't' a normal defect. It is a change in the server that the apps need to adjust for, but we're unable to update the Samsung app on your device anymore. (We are pressuring our Samsung contact hard to update older devices though, so you never know). So this is just a tricky one. It's a delicate balance of trying to find a workaround for the older apps without creating new problems.

Tolriq

@Luke Even for the updated apps, the dashboard breaking when having 2 sessions making the dashboard showing nothing playing is a frequent complains.

4 minutes ago, Tolriq said:

@Luke Even for the updated apps, the dashboard breaking when having 2 sessions making the dashboard showing nothing playing is a frequent complains.

I don't see that by testing the web app with two simultaneous playback sessions in the same browser via two browser tabs. We can continue in the existing topic you have. I'll try to chase that down. Thanks.

mattl1979
On 4/19/2024 at 1:01 AM, Luke said:

I don't see that by testing the web app with two simultaneous playback sessions in the same browser via two browser tabs. We can continue in the existing topic you have. I'll try to chase that down. Thanks.

With v4.8.5 and Symfonium 10, I do see the individual log entries, i.e. user started/stopped playing media. For the Now Playing, it works ~75% of the time. Seems to be no pattern to that remaining 25%. It's definitely better than the first 4.8.x, but not as good as 4.7. I know this doesn't help you or Tolriq much, but I figured I would say that there is progress! 🙂

• Thanks 1