Auto Intro Skipping doesn't work properly

Adamwcameron

Adamwcameron

Running Emby Server (4.8.1.0)  on Windows 10 Pro, using Android app for playback using a Chromecast to my TV.

I have already detected Intros for my TV series and confirm that I am able to manually push the "Skip Intro" button which works correctly. I have tried enabling "Automatically Skip Intros" under client Playback settings but it never automatically skips. I have tried on the web interface as well (and android app on 2 different tablets) and it never does it automatically. Not sure where else to check or if something needs to be enabled or refreshed to allow this to function properly. Any help is much appreciated!

Hi there, how are you determining that it doesn't happen automatically?

Adamwcameron

I've had it turned on and watched multiple episodes (multiple different series) and it never skips automatically, just plays the intro as normal unless I manually push the skip button.

• 2 months later...
Adamwcameron

Just an additional note about the functionality...It seems like it skips intro if I am viewing on my tablet (Android) but not if I am casting to a Chromecast.

Adamwcameron

Here is the log from a test. I opened Emby (on Android Tablet), cast to my Chromecast device and hit play on an episode. I let it play but the auto-skip of the intro did not occur although the button was visible to manually skip. I also then tried uncasting and playing directly on the tablet but this also did not auto-skip but I swear I've seen it do it a couple times before as I mentioned in my previous message. Auto-skip intros is definitely enabled on this device app playback settings.

embyserver.txt

On 4/25/2024 at 10:45 AM, Adamwcameron said:

Here is the log from a test. I opened Emby (on Android Tablet), cast to my Chromecast device and hit play on an episode. I let it play but the auto-skip of the intro did not occur although the button was visible to manually skip. I also then tried uncasting and playing directly on the tablet but this also did not auto-skip but I swear I've seen it do it a couple times before as I mentioned in my previous message. Auto-skip intros is definitely enabled on this device app playback settings.

embyserver.txt 41.72 kB · 0 downloads

HI, what device did you cast to? Where exactly did you see a skip intro button?

Adamwcameron

Cast to a Chromecast HD connected via HDMI to a Vizio TV. The skip intro button is visible in the app on the Android tablet I cast from. Clicking does skip but it never does it automatically.