New Recording Folder Settings in 4.8 Can't Be Unselected

Guest CodeCat5

Guest CodeCat5

I noticed the recording folder settings for live TV have been changed from input fields allowing you to specify a path, to select menus where you can choose a path already associated with your libraries. There seems to be a couple of issues here though.

- The "Default Recording Folder" setting does not show my "TV Shows" library, which is the only one I have mapped to the folder where I save recordings. It seems to allow you to only select mixed-content libraries.
- The "Movie Recording Folder" and "Series Recording Folder" options seem to display the appropriate libraries as options, but now that I've selected a library for each one there doesn't seem to be any way to revert those settings to "blank" so it would go back to using the "Default Recording Folder" instead. I'd much rather save any movies to the same path as my recorded TV as I was in 4.7, but currently I can't select any TV libraries to get the right path, and since I have my Movies library currently selected there, the "Recordings" tab is being polluted with my entire movies library instead of actual recordings.

Hi, yes that's a good point. We'll take a look at it. Thanks for reporting.

• 1 month later...
clollar

I am seeing similar issues/  I want everything to go to the DVR network share.  The top default recording path options is blank. 

Screenshot 2024-03-20 132449.png

Screenshot 2024-03-20 132459.png

Screenshot 2024-03-20 132509.png

2 minutes ago, clollar said:

I am seeing similar issues/  I want everything to go to the DVR network share.  The top default recording path options is blank. 

Screenshot 2024-03-20 132449.png

Screenshot 2024-03-20 132459.png

Screenshot 2024-03-20 132509.png

@clollardid you read the help text underneath the option? 

clollar

Ahh nope, my bad.  Thank you.  Removing and re-adding the "DVR" library, this time making it mixed content...seemed to fix the location issue.  Meaning DVR and recordings seem to be one in the same now.  But I just did a test recording and I cannot find it.  It's not in DVR or emby app data, I do have a couple earlier recordings in appdata.  Maybe it's a write permission issue being that I am trying to record to a different network drive on a different machine. @Luke

Maybe it's a write permission issue being that I am trying to record to a different network drive on a different machine

Hi, we'd have to look at an example:

Thanks.